Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hold out for waitlist  (Read 1350 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hold out for waitlist
« on: April 07, 2008, 09:34:14 AM »
So I have been waitlisted at William and Mary, and Boston College. I still have not heard form UNC. I have been accepted at Univ. of Florida. I had been planing a LSAT retake but with being married and my wife being a teacher it is simply not possible to wait until july and decide to go to law school this year. I do not have big dreams of joining a large firm. I just want to get a decent job($55-65K+) that will allow me to pay off whatever debt I incur while in law school. I would also like to live(after law school) in the south preferably near the ocean. Currently Florida has not offered me any money but I just recently sent in the paperwork. Large cities are not my thing but I guess I could handle it if it were necessary.

My question is, Should I go ahead and accept at florida and prepare for the move or should I hold out for one of my waitlists for a few months? I will not make a decision before I hear from UNC b/c I have not decided between them and florida yet.

The amount of debt I rack up is important to me but only in relation to my ability to pay it off comfortably after law school. If you know about the respective likelhood I will receive instate tutition after one year please comment. I have assumed that I will receive instate after a year with each school when calculating debt and I think that my wife will be employed full time will help that. But here are my aprox. 3 year tutition costs at each school.

Florida-$52K
W&M-$62K
UNC-$51K
BC- $100K+

Any advice will help. Thank You. ;D

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hold out for waitlist
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 10:20:07 AM »
tag. Any ideas on gaining instate for 2L and 3L at UNC? The wait on hearing back from UNC is throwing us all.

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hold out for waitlist
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 11:57:15 AM »
bump