Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Need to send a 2nd LOCI...what should I say?  (Read 751 times)

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Need to send a 2nd LOCI...what should I say?
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
It's time to send my second round of the LOCI to a school, but I have no idea what I should say.  My reasons are still the same for wanting to go to the specific school.  I won't be visiting the school until May so not sure if I should tie that in as well. 
Is the 2nd round of LOCI a page long or should it be shorter than the original?  Do people recycle the previous one or write a completely new one?
Your comments are appreciated.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Need to send a 2nd LOCI...what should I say?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 03:30:12 PM »
why are you sending a second?

Bananas, Melonas, Yeah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 04:02:36 PM »
How long ago did you send your first one?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 04:03:16 PM »
I'm currently writing my second LOCI for Michigan. I'm not sending it for a few weeks, but like to be prepared...

I wouldn't write if you can't say something new. The only thing I am repeating is that I want and would attend at the drop of a hat. Otherwise, I'm writing about other things I've been up to and telling them about my other plans if I don't get off the WL.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 06:12:39 PM »
I thought it was the norm to send LOCIs on a monthly basis until you actually get a decision from them.  Is this not the case?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:45:01 PM »
That's how I'm operating.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 07:00:11 PM »
If you have nothing new to say, don't waste your time writing a letter. Try a phone call to inquire about your application and reaffirm your interest. Also, since you are visiting in May, the reason for your phone call can be to set up your tour of the law school.
Vanderbilt 2010

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 07:25:29 PM »
I thought it was the norm to send LOCIs on a monthly basis until you actually get a decision from them.  Is this not the case?

I'm gonna say no on that one, unless that is the norm for that particular school. Otherwise I think they would probably just get annoyed by it and quit reading them. I think really the main point of an LOCI is to show them that if you are accepted you will attend, so if you made that clear in your first letter then I think you are probably good to go.

Prize Fight Promoter

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don King with a Law Degree
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jshap4321
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 10:11:48 PM »
If you aren't accepted yet, there is no point in doing anything until after the seat deposit deadline for your respective school.  Just hope there are a lot of withdrawals.  The only effective thing you can do is beg people on LSN to withdraw if they aren't attending.  These adcomms are fighting for numbers just like we are and couldn't care less how much you want to go to their school.