Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC PT v Cornell  (Read 1138 times)

klumpr

• View Profile
GULC PT v Cornell
« on: April 06, 2008, 01:24:55 AM »
I know Cornell is higher in USNWR but I get the sense that GULC is the better school. I would like to make it back to California after law school. Thoughts?

redbull

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GULC PT v Cornell
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 04:16:14 PM »
I know Cornell is higher in USNWR but I get the sense that GULC is the better school. I would like to make it back to California after law school. Thoughts?

firms view them as comparable for hiring purposes.  factors that weigh in cornell's favor are that the class size is much smaller (less intra-class competition) and employers may be suspicious of your pt enorollment.  on the other hand if you don't mind doing the pt to ft transfer and want to be in DC then maybe GULC is for you.

basic idea is don't base your decision on superiority of job prospects.  for all intents and purposes to firms GULC = Cornell

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 03:26:52 PM »

Very similar employment prospects. I would choose Cornell so you would be full-time and so you could benefit from the smaller class-size (GULC is more of a diploma mill)

klumpr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:52:20 AM »
Thanks for the input guys -- I'm a bit concerned about what employers think about PT deal, but if that isn't an issue, I think I'm ok with the whole PT->FT thing and would love being in DC. Anyone have any information on this?