Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple University 2011  (Read 3200 times)

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Temple University 2011
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 04:03:28 PM »
Fire away other questions, too. Temple 2L here.

Likewise- thanks for the offer!  Looking over the Admitted Student Sites, I see that Temple 1Ls take two courses their first semester, Litigation Basics and Business Basics.  Could you tell me a little bit about those courses and what they entail?

Pass/Fail classes.  Lit Basics provides background on basic trial skills, lawyering, etc.  Business basics is like an accounting and corporations overview. 95% of students get an "S" in these two. One credit each.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 09:17:25 AM »

Likewise- thanks for the offer!  Looking over the Admitted Student Sites, I see that Temple 1Ls take two courses their first semester, Litigation Basics and Business Basics.  Could you tell me a little bit about those courses and what they entail?

Pass/Fail classes.  Lit Basics provides background on basic trial skills, lawyering, etc.  Business basics is like an accounting and corporations overview. 95% of students get an "S" in these two. One credit each.

Great, thanks for that info!  One more question:  what are the 1L electives that were offered your 1L spring?

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 11:43:06 AM »

Great, thanks for that info!  One more question:  what are the 1L electives that were offered your 1L spring?

BusOrgs, Intro to IP, Environmental, and Intl

Naitingale

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2008, 09:45:15 PM »
I too have decided on Temple. I will be moving from MN and won't be coming down until mid/end of July. I was wondering if that won't be too late to start actively looking for housing? Any advice? Thanks.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 10:02:18 AM »
I too have decided on Temple. I will be moving from MN and won't be coming down until mid/end of July. I was wondering if that won't be too late to start actively looking for housing? Any advice? Thanks.

Many (if not most) apartments open August 1. Be careful of signing on without seeing the neighborhood.  Don't get hooked into living near campus. Live near public transportation.  Parts of South Philly, the art museum area, much of Center City, Bella Vista... are good places to live.  Get in touch if you have specific questions.