Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Temple University 2011  (Read 3130 times)

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Temple University 2011
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
Sent in my deposit today.  There's a facebook group, by the way.
Temple University Beasley School of Law 2011

you fine american.

Final record: 5-1-4

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 09:14:58 AM »
Sent in my deposit today.  There's a facebook group, by the way.

Awesome, thanks  :)  I signed up!

imagurl

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
anyone else going to temple?

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 11:42:49 AM »
Those of us who are already in Philly/planning to be around the weekend of April 25th are plotting a happy hour, for those Temple '11 people lurking out there.  And again, let me plug the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10034399149

you fine american.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 01:31:44 PM »
Those of us who are already in Philly/planning to be around the weekend of April 25th are plotting a happy hour, for those Temple '11 people lurking out there.  And again, let me plug the Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10034399149

I'm in NYC but I will be in Philly visiting a friend that weekend.  :)

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »
Bumping this just to see if we have any new classmates.  :)

mconnett

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2008, 03:33:13 PM »
I'm pretty sure (minus 1 long-shot with another school) that I'm going to Temple as well. I'm looking forward to it!

What do people think about housing options? I've heard Queen Village is a pretty nice place to live. Ideally, I'd like to be able to bike to school, but I wonder if it's safe biking through the north-end neighborhoods late at night?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on the best time to visit the city to try and find a place? My ideal place would be a small 1 br/studio with wooden floors and nice natural light for less than $800 (if such a place exists:).

Temple '11!

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2008, 11:32:03 AM »
I'm pretty sure (minus 1 long-shot with another school) that I'm going to Temple as well. I'm looking forward to it!

What do people think about housing options? I've heard Queen Village is a pretty nice place to live. Ideally, I'd like to be able to bike to school, but I wonder if it's safe biking through the north-end neighborhoods late at night?

Also, does anyone have any suggestions on the best time to visit the city to try and find a place? My ideal place would be a small 1 br/studio with wooden floors and nice natural light for less than $800 (if such a place exists:).

Temple '11!

Queen Village is a great neighborhood.  It's a quiet and beautiful part of town near all kinds of great bars and restaurants.  I highly recommend it, but finding a cheap place to live will be tough in Queen Village.

The sooner you can look the better, but the rent market here isn't cutthroat (as in New York, for example).  Sometimes in Philly it really just comes down to timing and luck in terms of finding a cheap place.  Check the classifieds in Philadelphia Weekly and the Citypaper, as well as Craigslist.  The first two options in particular have been good to me during two apartment hunts in Philly.

you fine american.

likewise

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 12:44:18 PM »

Temple '11!

Queen Village is a great neighborhood.  It's a quiet and beautiful part of town near all kinds of great bars and restaurants.  I highly recommend it, but finding a cheap place to live will be tough in Queen Village.

The sooner you can look the better, but the rent market here isn't cutthroat (as in New York, for example).  Sometimes in Philly it really just comes down to timing and luck in terms of finding a cheap place.  Check the classifieds in Philadelphia Weekly and the Citypaper, as well as Craigslist.  The first two options in particular have been good to me during two apartment hunts in Philly.

Go further south to save ducats in your apt search. Avoid getting a place via phone / email b/c many areas are block-by-block. Almost better to spend a weekend in town spotting places with "For Rent" signs in the window. Be careful. Landlords will overcharge law students, especially young, female law students...  Ask about specific neighborhoods and blocks, if you'd like.

Fire away other questions, too. Temple 2L here.

Maddie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 03:22:07 PM »
Fire away other questions, too. Temple 2L here.

Likewise- thanks for the offer!  Looking over the Admitted Student Sites, I see that Temple 1Ls take two courses their first semester, Litigation Basics and Business Basics.  Could you tell me a little bit about those courses and what they entail?