Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UC Hastings Class of 2011  (Read 5139 times)

The Artist

• Sr. Citizen
  • Admit it... you got Rick Rolled.
    • View Profile
UC Hastings Class of 2011
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:50:48 PM »
As much as Hastings gets talked about on this board, I'm surprised there isn't a Hastings accepted students thread. If I don't get any more acceptances and I don't get off my waitlist (or potential future waitlists), I will be Hastings bound in the Fall. So, who else is ready to live in The City, go to school in The 'Loin, live in The Tower, and spend Sundays in the fall watching the 49ers play at The 'Stick?  ;D

Guess who's coming to dinner?!?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Don't call it a come back
    • View Profile
Re: UC Hastings Class of 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 12:34:37 AM »
As much as Hastings gets talked about on this board, I'm surprised there isn't a Hastings accepted students thread. If I don't get any more acceptances and I don't get off my waitlist (or potential future waitlists), I will be Hastings bound in the Fall. So, who else is ready to live in The City, go to school in The 'Loin, live in The Tower, and spend Sundays in the fall watching the 49ers play at The 'Stick?  ;D
That smiley at the end denotes you're happy about Hastings in the fall. 

How sad.
There's no homework in Law School

HastingsOneL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
That smiley at the end denotes you're happy about Hastings in the fall. 

How sad.

I thought the smiley was about the 49ers, not Hastings.  Also, you're a d.i.c.k.

thebiggdawg55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:18 AM »
I'm geeked. I know I've waffled, and Pepperdine has been trying to lure me, but overall I'm really excited about my prospects this fall. I haven't lived in Cali since I was 10, and have never lived in the heart of the city before. Plus I'm excited to be surrounded by a group of highly intelligent, motivated students. It will be weird living so far away from my family, though (MSU, by comparison, is only 1.5 hours away from my house).
UC Hastings Class of 2011 !!!!

adrift_and_restless

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 08:48:21 PM »
 :(

sherah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 10:15:41 PM »
Bump!  I'm fairly certain I will be at Hastings next year, and I am excited!!!
"The expert only answers what he or she knows.
The non-expert answers everything!"

sherah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 02:24:00 AM »
No love!?!  Actually, I guess maybe it's more promising that the rest of next year's class isn't sitting on LSD (like me)...??
"The expert only answers what he or she knows.
The non-expert answers everything!"

HastingsIP

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2008, 07:26:58 PM »
So I'm not sure if this is against the rules or anything, but we (2 current 1Ls soon to be 2Ls) are looking for a roommate for the penthouse suite in the tower next year.  If this is against the rules please feel free to remove it, I just thought it would be a good place to find incoming students who may be looking for housing.

The place:
Half of the 21st floor (highest /w residential housing, only journals and the skyroom above us).  Amazing views of the city.  2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, living room, dining room, full kitchen (only place in the tower with a full sized fridge and full stove/oven and a dishwasher).  VERY big place (especially by tower standards)

Roommates:
2 male 2Ls, both in our early 20s.  Laid back, friendly, easy to get along with.  I'd say we're both pretty clean people.

Price: They haven't finalized how much the rent increase is from this current year, they say around 7 for the entire tower, so the prices below are approximate.

The rooms:
Room 1: big bedroom, will share bathroom with room 2.  Price: $1000
Room 2: medium bedroom, will share bathroom with room 1.  Price: $900
Room 3: Either the living room or the dining room, whichever that person prefers (see below), will have their own private bathroom.  Price: $680

Whichever the dining room or living room isn't used by the third roommate is a common area.

Dining room is on the smaller side, but big enough to fit a full (maybe queen?) bed, desk, etc.  It is the more private than the living room, connected only by a doorway sized hallway which we will close off with either a full door, acordian door, or room divider.

The living room would be the biggest room of all 3.  However, it would be less private.  One of the roommates would have to walk through it to get to the kitchen and common area. 

I'm not sure if that makes sense, but if you're interested I can e-mail you a little diagram of the floorplan.  We are probably only looking for someone to fill room 3.  If we don't get enough bites on room 3 we may consider having one of us live there and renting out one of the other rooms instead.  So send me a PM if you're interested.

thebiggdawg55

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 08:28:17 PM »
Bump.

Where my Hastings peeps at?

And yes,sherah, you get some love.

UC TENDERLOIN THROW EM UP!
UC Hastings Class of 2011 !!!!

tubey11

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 05:07:07 PM »
The rooms:
Room 1: big bedroom, will share bathroom with room 2.  Price: $1000
Room 2: medium bedroom, will share bathroom with room 1.  Price: $900
Room 3: Either the living room or the dining room, whichever that person prefers (see below), will have their own private bathroom.  Price: $680

Are those prices average for the tower or the SF area as a whole?