Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: thomas jefferson law waitlist  (Read 20850 times)

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: thomas jefferson law waitlist
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 05:50:05 PM »
cool, let me know if you hear of movement on the list.

lawordie

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2008, 01:43:36 AM »
153 and 2.63?! seriously?
whats that supposed to mean?

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2008, 08:38:28 PM »
no idea!

senorsombreros

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 10:40:02 PM »
I know this is said on the board way to much, and I generally believe if you want to be a lawyer badly you can suck up the excess debt (to a degree) but...TJ is not really a school you should consider.  I have lived in San Diego a number of years and I have meet 0 successful attorney's from the school.  Its rep in San Diego is abysmal.  If you are desperate to go to a law school in sd, try to raise your lsat a bit and go to Cal Western. 

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2008, 04:23:49 AM »
I know this is said on the board way to much, and I generally believe if you want to be a lawyer badly you can suck up the excess debt (to a degree) but...TJ is not really a school you should consider.  I have lived in San Diego a number of years and I have meet 0 successful attorney's from the school.  Its rep in San Diego is abysmal.  If you are desperate to go to a law school in sd, try to raise your lsat a bit and go to Cal Western. 

First off let me say that, I have a friend from the East Coast who went to Thomas Jefferson because, he was on the wait list at a few different schools and chose not to bite his fingernails and wait till the last possible second to change his plans and head somewhere else. He got straight A's and made law review over the past two semesters and totally hated Thomas Jefferson. He is now transferring back to the East Coast. It is amazing how a school that is in a great San Diego area can be so bad. But to be fair, this school is not in the best area in San Diego, it's inland and kind of next to a big touristy area full of a historic section of San Diego that has buses and tons of travelers visiting all the time.

Second off, just because someone "lives in the San Diego area for a number of years" and has not met someone who is a successful attorney from TJ does not mean they do not exist. There are 1,256,951 people in San Diego, glad that you had a chance to meet all of them, greet them and shake hands with every attorney that graduated form Thomas Jefferson. Excuse me while I laugh like a small child

It is this kind of negative attitude that gets people thinking negatively about the lawyer profession in the first place. This kind of boneheaded response belongs in the garbage..that's why these boards should be used for fodder, and not for FACT...they are not moderated enough to take out this stupid responses that just push you in the wrong direction. I have been there listening to these jokers about how "you shouldn't attend a certain school," or that "some schools are scam schools."

Look, obviously there are school that are MUCH better...but, it is not about that. .

I would equate this sort of school to a school I got accepted to and might actually attend. I am not going to get into it really, but I plan to do as good as I can as possible in school...hopefully transfer. I know this is not the best idea, but you can do this with Thomas Jefferson if you work your ass off. You can also graduate from there top 5% and get a job just like you would anywhere else.

Many people on these boards (LSD or XO) will tell you the same generic advice that most of the time is false. Telling you not to try and go to a school as a stepping stone to transfer. Or that a school is necessarily bad...or that you shouldn't try to think you'll get in the top 10% blah blah blah blah. If you think you're going to be mediocre, you're going to be mediocre. If you are biting your fingernails waiting to go to this school, I wish you all the luck in the world.

senorsombreros

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
Wow, well maybe someone who has interacted with people in SD legal market might have a better idea of the rep of a school like TJ than you :-\. It is impressive that you drove by the school (near the Old town area btw) and you know feel that you can comment on the validity of my advice...Besides the fact the DA went to Thomas Jefferson, the repuatation in San Diego of the school is absolutely abysmal.  Maybe, just maybe, that might be useful information to prospective law students...
  If you are going to 4th tier in San Diego, make sure it is Cal Western. No, I'm not a Cal Western troll (I'm going to Davis), but it at least has a higher respect than its US News Ranking. Of course this is the internet and people can take my post at what it's worth, but I strongly suggest anyone going to TJ to talk to 3l about their job prospects.  The whole point of this board is to give advice.
  I also dont get why you're knocking down people who have actually interacted with a number of lawyers in the San Diego legal market. I'm sorry I haven't been able to survey EVERY lawyer for the purposes of posting on the internet, but it should be known the prospects for students in this school are only in San Diego.  I DARE you to find a successfull attorney in San Diego that is not the DA that sees Thomas Jefferson as a solid school.  Of course there are bound to be 1 or 2 successful attorneys from anywhere, but a VAST MAJORITY of grads are not going to be such a position. 
Also,  Going to a law school with the intent to transfer is not even close to as easy when comparing transfering from Undergrad to Undergrad.  I can't believe your spewing such garbage.  If you think this is a good idea, I challenge you to talk to any t1/t2 adcomm and ask what they think of your transfer theory.  You knock OL advice yet you apparently know very little of the law school process.  Transfering from a bottom forth tier to a T2 is doable, but I highly doubt you are in a position to know the prospects for this. For anyone who is seriously considering this, look at the numbers on the Yahoo transfer apps group to get a look at what you're in for. 
I'm gland you know ONE person who went to the said school and transfered out...wow , you must be an expert on law school job prospects in the San Diego area then...and if you're not, maybe you should just stay out of this thread since you've obviously done NO reserach on the said school. 

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2008, 06:59:55 PM »
Wow, well maybe someone who has interacted with people in SD legal market might have a better idea of the rep of a school like TJ than you :-\. It is impressive that you drove by the school (near the Old town area btw) and you know feel that you can comment on the validity of my advice...Besides the fact the DA went to Thomas Jefferson, the repuatation in San Diego of the school is absolutely abysmal.  Maybe, just maybe, that might be useful information to prospective law students...
  If you are going to 4th tier in San Diego, make sure it is Cal Western. No, I'm not a Cal Western troll (I'm going to Davis), but it at least has a higher respect than its US News Ranking. Of course this is the internet and people can take my post at what it's worth, but I strongly suggest anyone going to TJ to talk to 3l about their job prospects.  The whole point of this board is to give advice.
  I also dont get why you're knocking down people who have actually interacted with a number of lawyers in the San Diego legal market. I'm sorry I haven't been able to survey EVERY lawyer for the purposes of posting on the internet, but it should be known the prospects for students in this school are only in San Diego.  I DARE you to find a successfull attorney in San Diego that is not the DA that sees Thomas Jefferson as a solid school.  Of course there are bound to be 1 or 2 successful attorneys from anywhere, but a VAST MAJORITY of grads are not going to be such a position. 
Also,  Going to a law school with the intent to transfer is not even close to as easy when comparing transfering from Undergrad to Undergrad.  I can't believe your spewing such garbage.  If you think this is a good idea, I challenge you to talk to any t1/t2 adcomm and ask what they think of your transfer theory.  You knock OL advice yet you apparently know very little of the law school process.  Transfering from a bottom forth tier to a T2 is doable, but I highly doubt you are in a position to know the prospects for this. For anyone who is seriously considering this, look at the numbers on the Yahoo transfer apps group to get a look at what you're in for. 
I'm gland you know ONE person who went to the said school and transfered out...wow , you must be an expert on law school job prospects in the San Diego area then...and if you're not, maybe you should just stay out of this thread since you've obviously done NO reserach on the said school. 

Well maybe if you wrote a response like that in the first place instead of just writing that it is abysmal it might have been a better help to the above poster.

And Yes, I do know someone that transferred. It is possible to do so. Obviously it is much easier to transfer from undergrad to undergrad, but that is not what we are talking about. It is doable. Yes. It is.

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2008, 07:21:10 PM »
has anyone heard of waitlist movement at tj?

SamIAm2008

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2008, 10:04:36 PM »
Hey All,

I'm wait listed at a few schools in CA, but specifically I was wondering what are my chances of getting into Thomas Jefferson if I am wait listed?  I've already submitted a letter of continued interest in hopes that it might expedite the admissions committee decision. However, I have heard nothing yet...any input is greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

justice4all

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2008, 02:27:31 PM »
i am also waiting on tj myself and heard nothing. message me some contact info and we will talk, maybe an aim or email/?