Law School Discussion

Anyone else waiting to hear from USD???

Re: Anyone else waiting to hear from USD???
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 07:40:55 PM »
haha, why not raider guy?? ps...im a girl and the raider is for TEXAS TECH RED RAIDERS! LOL

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 08:36:37 PM »
well seeing that im from dallas...i gotta say GO COWBOYS!!!  ;)

sno

• run from this law bitches
    • AOL Instant Messenger - snobord99999
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 10:48:21 PM »
I applied in early November and FINALLY got accepted last Friday.  I'm 95% sure this is where I'll be in the fall so it was worth the wait, but I know where you are coming from.

In a sort of related topic I still haven't heard from Santa Clara, but it is not an issue anymore.

These two schools are taking their sweet time but I think things should start rolling now that deposits are due.

My acceptance was dated 3/24 and my deposit is due 4/8.  Anyone going to the Admitted Students Day on the 14th?

Go Dodgers.

i'll be there on the 14th but as one of the student volunteers (tour guide, sitting at a table during lunch if people have questions)

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 06:17:33 AM »
I'm waiting on Santa Clara too. Those are actually the only two im still waiting on. If you dont mind me asking SCK2008, what are your numbers?
This waiting process is horrible!

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »
Numbers aren't that great.  I'm going part-time.  Go part-time people!  I'm pretty sure (sort of sure) that they allow anyone that asks to transfer to day/full-time after year one.

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 01:46:57 PM »
Part time is a great racket.  One less class to worry about, better opportunity to study for the remaining classes means a better overall GPA when you're out.
My friend picked USD part time, finished 4th in her part time division, transfered to full time, and is now on law review etc etc.

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:45 PM »
Part time is a great racket.  One less class to worry about, better opportunity to study for the remaining classes means a better overall GPA when you're out.
My friend picked USD part time, finished 4th in her part time division, transfered to full time, and is now on law review etc etc.

Yep.  And you can get into schools that you don't have much of a chance of normally getting into.  Seems like a no-brainer to me but there are some drawbacks. 

But part of me wants to keep it a big secret.

sno

• run from this law bitches
    • AOL Instant Messenger - snobord99999
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2008, 03:57:33 PM »
Numbers aren't that great.  I'm going part-time.  Go part-time people!  I'm pretty sure (sort of sure) that they allow anyone that asks to transfer to day/full-time after year one.

this is true...in fact, it's pretty easy to go ft even if they let you into the pt program...i think the requirement is that you ask before the spots get filled up...quite a few people asked to transfer to ft at orientation and got a quick ok...the only time i've heard of someone being turned down (and this is hearsay) was the person who asked after all the spots were full

SCK2008

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2008, 04:03:59 PM »
Interesting.  Definitely something to think long and hard about. 

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 06:39:21 AM »
Wow, really? So why doesn't everyone just accept part time and then transfer at orientation?
I would just be too scared they wouldn't give me a spot and then I really would have to go part time (which isn't bad, I just want to focus on school instead of having a job also).