Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Summer Before 1L  (Read 4755 times)

timebomb116

• View Profile
Summer Before 1L
« on: April 03, 2008, 07:57:57 PM »
What are you guys doing this summer to fill the time before law school?  I don't know whether I should get a part time job or just relax for three months.  What do you all think?

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
Re: Summer Before 1L
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:43:10 PM »
if you really don't need the money, take time off to travel, relax and have a life before law school consumes you  :)
for teh most part, employers really don't care what you did the summer before law school

Yea, if you aren't already working full-time (like me :( ), then relax, maybe read a pre-law book, but otherwise, try to enjoy the things in life that you won't have as much time to pursue once school starts.

cantwaitforuva

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »
relax!

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:21:41 PM »
I'm working... :(
_______
.|E|R|S.

HastingsOneL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:41:46 PM »
relax (and get in the habit of reading all the time).

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 09:53:42 PM »
If there are some non-law related books that you want to read in the next year and a half, you should read them this summer. Not that you won't necessarily have the time to read for pleasure during the law school, you just might not have the motivation after reading your casebooks for several hours a day.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

rock.it

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
definitely enjoy your last free summer before law school if you can. you probably won't have another one for a while...

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2008, 11:58:59 AM »
Also, hang out with people who aren't going to law school and have NO desire to talk about anything law-related. It'll keep you sane.

Cabra

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2008, 12:30:12 PM »
I'll be working, and I plan to do LEEWS and lots of denser reading (mostly not law related) to get back in the habit. Maybe some E&Es...

But most of my spare time will be for fun stuff, although there's a part of me that thinks law school prep would be a blast...weird, but I think I was born this way.
CLS 2011

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 12:37:22 PM »
I think Cabra and I should form the "Geekier Than Most Law School Geeks Club". I can't wait to be done with this weekend, because all my major work will be done and I can start prepping.

I actually have to leave the books out of sight or I get too engrossed and neglect my schoolwork.

Prep Geeks Unite!