Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Villanova, waitlists in general  (Read 6900 times)

fbartela

• View Profile
Re: Villanova, waitlists in general
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 04:22:09 PM »
Status checker first then an email, i was just waitlisted there today as well.   Does anyone have any insight as to how long of a wait it is before you know the final outcome?  Also, i am going to write a LOCI and mail it by the end of the week but im applying from Buffalo and am not sure that i will be able to make it for a visit anytime soon, will this adversely affect my chances of being accepted?

159 LSAT 3.53 GPA if that helps..

cupcake315

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 07:47:16 PM »
thanks to everyone who replied, all that advice was really helpful. I visited Nova on friday. Didn't wear a suit haha but obviously dressed nice. I was taken on the tour by an actual admissions committee member and she gave me some advice about the waitlist as well (she said basically the only thing that helps is emailing/writing a letter to dean bernal or someone else --i have the card just too lazy to go find out the name) and tell them I really want to go there. I wasn't impressed by the facilities, in comparison to Seton Hall, but its not like thats a deal breaker haha...also saw they are building a new school that should be ready in 2009...so that's pretty intriguing as well. Oh, and I'm a NJ resident for those who were trying to figure it out-- so I am still holding on to Rutgers-Camden.

--for those who just got waitlisted:  when I was waitlisted (way back in feb), I got the status checker first and then a letter in the mail. No email. The woman I spoke to said they will start with the list in June...but they really have no idea how things will play out.

MahlerGrooves

• Sr. Citizen
  • See! Leonard Bernstein gave me a shoutout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 07:53:40 PM »
In my opinion, being a NJ resident changes things.  At that point, Rutgers is your best bet for financial considerations.

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 01:04:55 PM »
In my opinion, being a NJ resident changes things.  At that point, Rutgers is your best bet for financial considerations.

Completely agree, except you have to live in Camden or commute from Philly.

The Dude Abides

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 08:14:24 PM »
How did each of you respond to the wait list email? I may be overreacting, but the part about providing "any additional information you would like to be considered" threw me off a bit. Did anyone add more information besides their name and LSAC number? I did not plan on using the LOCI in response to that email.

Villanova1L

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 11:29:11 PM »
How did each of you respond to the wait list email? I may be overreacting, but the part about providing "any additional information you would like to be considered" threw me off a bit. Did anyone add more information besides their name and LSAC number? I did not plan on using the LOCI in response to that email.

Any information stating why you want to go to Villanova and mention of other acceptances/scholarships would seem appropriate to me.

jfields32

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 12:30:31 AM »

I just sent a small message reaffirming my desire to go there and setting up a visit. After the visit I am going to write up something and then go back up there and drop it off at the admissions office. Hopefully being relatively close to the school will help.