Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The award for making us wait the longest goes to....  (Read 5196 times)

Blondie918

• View Profile
Re: The award for making us wait the longest goes to....
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 07:16:05 AM »
I'll be really mad if I waited 6 months to get rejected!

Matthew

• Sr. Citizen
  • Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 07:24:04 AM »
Complete at Stanford 10/23, not a peep since.  Sent in UCLA at the same time, not so much as a complete notice.
Cycle finally finished!

170/3.82
Accepted: Michigan($$), UCLA, Virginia($$), Duke($$), Georgetown, Vanderbilt($$$), Notre Dame($$$), William & Mary($$$)
Deferred: Northwestern
Waitlisted: Penn ($$)
Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago

lawgirl21

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 09:14:19 AM »
Brooklyn and BU--applied to both in november..so that's about 5 months of waiting
GPA: 3.6
LSAT: 154, then 159

surget

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 10:05:53 AM »
Alabama.

Applied September 1st. Got a deferral in November. Have not heard ONE word since.

zdub378

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 10:19:51 AM »
Case Western has been brutal to my GF. She has received no less than two HUGE envelopes from them and a number of emails, all of which get her poor little heart racing. The school is her top choice and she went complete in November, but she is definitely a bubble sitter, so I can understand why they are taking their time. But seriously, they need to rethink sending huge envelopes out to applicants who they aren't necessarily accepting. It can really make for a heinous period of extreme joy followed by intense frustration/anger.

Yeah, Case is horrible.  I think my favorite of their funny little jokes was when they mailed me a login and password for their financial aid site, and told me to go to the "admitted students" page.  I hadn't received an acceptance letter yet, so I called the admissions office and asked about it.  Their response was "Oh, yeah, we send those out to all our applicants.  Your application is before the committee, and you'll hear back from us when you hear back."  I called back last week to check on my status-I've already heard back from everywhere else that I applied to, and I've even gotten my scholarship packages from schools ranked higher than Case, and that I applied to after I applied to Case.  Their response?  "We won't be finalizing the class until May. You'll hear back from us then."

Not to mention the fact that they just sent me an email saying that although the admissions deadline has passed, they're still accepting applications to be reviewed on a "case by case" basis.

So, yeah, Case sucks.

lalaallalala63

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
i just don't understand why it takes so long...

is no news, good news?

Blondie918

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2008, 03:08:18 PM »
That's what everyone says, but the longer I wait the more I am expecting the worst!

camarogirlj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2008, 03:34:17 PM »
It just seems so discourteous that schools wait SO long.  I can understand if you are one of the last to apply and there are 1000 apps in front of you, but when you've been complete for so long  it just seems rude.  Whole weeks (including this one so far) have gone by where IU-B has made NO decisions at all according to LSN.  What are they doing???  Its going to be April 15th and there is going to be a flood of decisions...too bad most of them will come after a lot of us have had to decide already!

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »
Indiana and Brooklyn are known for being slow, I believe.  I understand this and am not expecting a decision from Brooklyn until maybe August.  Indiana was a reach app and I thought I might as well apply to one school outside my area for the hell of it, so I'm not expecting anything.

UFBoldAsLove

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2008, 08:49:24 PM »
I applied in Oct., Duke only recently WLed me, and Harvard and CLS are still up in the air.
Vandy 1L... really?