Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hey Liberals! Read this!  (Read 1969 times)

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Hey Liberals! Read this!
« on: April 03, 2008, 12:36:11 PM »
http://money.cnn.com/2008/03/31/news/economy/tax_debate.fortune/index.htm?postversion=2008040211

Read that article and give me your opinions.
I'm a moderate, so I'll try to be open minded to your "tax the rich" mentality, but I'm tired of stupid democrat talking points like "I talked to a secretary that pays a higher tax rate than her CEO"  People should learn the difference between tax rates, and taxes paid.  Often times lower average tax rates actually lead to more tax revenue.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hey Liberals! Read this!
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 01:40:03 PM »
Yeah the best part is when you say you're a moderate. Reagan subscribed to your little lower average tax rates, more revenue idea, low and behold tax revenues went down as well.

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:15:14 PM »
I'm a moderate, so I'll try to be open minded to your "tax the rich" mentality, but I'm tired of stupid democrat talking points like "I talked to a secretary that pays a higher tax rate than her CEO"  People should learn the difference between tax rates, and taxes paid.  Often times lower average tax rates actually lead to more tax revenue.

i laughed.

If one hates the left as much as they hate the right does that make them a moderate?

Ghost

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 03:19:59 PM »
I tend to blame illegal immigrants, not liberals.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 03:30:05 PM »
I'm a moderate about taxes.  I'm not proposing a fair tax, and I'm not proposing that we eliminate taxes on the rich.  (I do think that rich people are better at creating wealth than the government)
I just think liberals should stop complaining about the unfair tax burden when the upper half of income earners pay more than 96% of the taxes.

I think Elroy is an idiot who's obsessed with burritos.

goaliechica

• LSD Obsessed
  • It's only forever - not long at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 04:13:38 PM »

You're half right.

:D

Quote from: Earthbound SNES
Get a sense of humor, Susan B. Anthony!
Quote from: dashrashi
I'm going to cut a female dog. With a knife with a brown handle, natch.
Quote from: Elephant Lee
Don't judge me. You've not had my life.

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 05:37:10 PM »
I'm a moderate about taxes.  I'm not proposing a fair tax, and I'm not proposing that we eliminate taxes on the rich.  (I do think that rich people are better at creating wealth than the government)
I just think liberals should stop complaining about the unfair tax burden when the upper half of income earners pay more than 96% of the taxes.

I've never complained about the amount I pay in taxes and I never will. I think the rich should pay a larger percentage of their income in taxes and I will continue to think that when I myself am in those tax brackets. FYI, that article isn't what I'd call "moderate" in terms of taxes. Its pretty heavily slanted to the right.

jack24

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 07:10:49 PM »

I've never complained about the amount I pay in taxes and I never will. I think the rich should pay a larger percentage of their income in taxes and I will continue to think that when I myself am in those tax brackets. FYI, that article isn't what I'd call "moderate" in terms of taxes. Its pretty heavily slanted to the right.

I aggree with you.  I heard the conservative side and now I want to hear the liberal side.

I am moderate, but I'm also a capitalist.  I believe that the goal should be increasing the overall wealth of the citizens.  When income goes up, tax revenues go up.

SBToLaw

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 07:16:25 PM »
Reading this thread makes me angry that the media voters didn't take Ron Paul seriously   >:(

Fixt to reflect reality.

SBToLaw

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 07:19:41 PM »
Reading this thread makes me angry that the media voters didn't take Ron Paul seriously   >:(

Fixt to reflect reality.

Ron Paul was the only one who had it right.

Taxes AND wars are stupid.

non sequitur