Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOCI  (Read 1340 times)

moops

• View Profile
Re: LOCI
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2008, 06:37:16 PM »
I had to read it twice before I caught the mistake, so I don't think they would notice at first glance.  Good luck! 

m. esquandolas

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 02:07:58 PM »
I'm in need of advice.  I want to mention in my LOCI that the school to which I am writing the letter is my top choice.  All things equal, it definitely is my favorite law school and I would truly love to go there.  Unfortunately, even if I was accepted off of the waitlist I would still have to carefully consider my financial situation at that school (financial aid package) before deciding to go there instead of the school that I currently plan to attend.  Should I simply say that the school "remains one of my top choices" or is it OK to say that it is my #1.   

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »
I'm in need of advice.  I want to mention in my LOCI that the school to which I am writing the letter is my top choice.  All things equal, it definitely is my favorite law school and I would truly love to go there.  Unfortunately, even if I was accepted off of the waitlist I would still have to carefully consider my financial situation at that school (financial aid package) before deciding to go there instead of the school that I currently plan to attend.  Should I simply say that the school "remains one of my top choices" or is it OK to say that it is my #1.   

they're not going to offer you money if you're accepted off the WL.

m. esquandolas

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 02:34:34 PM »
I know that my chances of getting off of this school's WL are slim.  I also do not yet know how much money I will have in Stafford loans vs. private loans.  That's why I would have to do some thinking and wouldn't be able to drop everything and go if I unexpectedly got the call in mid-summer.  In this situation, is it still OK to state that the school is my top choice?

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2008, 02:36:09 PM »
I know that my chances of getting off of this school's WL are slim.  I also do not yet know how much money I will have in Stafford loans vs. private loans.  That's why I would have to do some thinking and wouldn't be able to drop everything and go if I unexpectedly got the call in mid-summer.  In this situation, is it still OK to state that the school is my top choice?

well, technically yeah i think it is. It's not like its binding or anything to say that. i just wouldn't do it if you're planning on dealing with the school in the future. Why don't you just find out from somebody that goes there or something what the aid package would look like? mine have been pretty similar at every school.