Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law School Apps Information Session-what should I talk about???  (Read 198 times)

BlueGreen

• Sr. Citizen
  • [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
Hi everybody,

I've been invited by my ugrad to give a short presentation on the law school application process, and I'm not sure what to talk about.

I was going to do a general overview of applications and the LSAT, but then I thought, 'Why do they need to hear this from me? This stuff's all over the internet'. Plus, the time constraint doesn't give me enough time to talk about that much.  :-\

So! I'm trying to narrow down a few topics to talk about in depth, and I thought I would ask you LSDers what you think would be good topics. What would people just beginning their apps be curious about? What kind of things do you wish you'd known about when you were beginning your apps?

(It was only 8 months ago that I began prepping for law school, but now that I'm done, for the life of me I can't remember what I didn't know back then)

All replies appreciated. Thanks! :D
HLS class of 2011
LSN

BlueGreen

• Sr. Citizen
  • [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
Re: What to talk about at Law School Apps Information Session?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 08:27:58 PM »
Oh yeah, so far I have:

-LSAT: courses or self study?
-Rankings & job opportunities
-Work experience before law school

That's it. See? I'm lost. :-[
HLS class of 2011
LSN

juliemccoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Treat??
    • View Profile
Re: What to talk about at Law School Apps Information Session?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 08:33:30 PM »
How to Apply To Law School:
LSAC Registration
Securing Recommendations
Submitting your Transcripts to LSAC
What is the LSAT? When it is offered? What's on it? How do I register for it? When can I take it? How can I study for it?
The importance of your LSAT score and GPA in admission
What's a Personal Statement?
Where Should I Apply?
How much will all of this cost me? LSAC Registration, LSAT registration
Why should I apply to law school? (If the answer is not: to become a lawyer or judge, then stop now and save your time and money!)
Some recommended books and web sites
Vanderbilt 2010

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Law School Apps Information Session-what should I talk about???
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:38:31 PM »
Securing recs and "where should I apply" are huge.  I wish I had kept in touch with profs before asking them for LORs 2 years after I graduated.  Then as far as post-LSAT and graduation, it's good to know what kind of schools to look at with one's subsequent numbers.