Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boston College - anyone else still waiting on them?  (Read 2136 times)

blues86

• View Profile
Boston College - anyone else still waiting on them?
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:15:18 PM »
I applied to BC a while back and still haven't heard a thing from them.  Is anyone else in the same boat, or has anyone heard when they might be sending out final decisions?  I have a few friends that have already heard back, but they applied early action (I applied regular).

Penn263

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boston College - anyone else still waiting on them?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 05:48:01 PM »
Well if it helps to know...I applied to BC Law EA, but some of my recommenders took way too long to complete their LORs. So in December I got a response saying I was incomplete and my application would be re-considered during in the RD process. I was pretty sure at that point I would be rejected. But surprisingly, like only one or two weeks after my LORs were finally received I got in. So BC Law is capable of making very quick decisions. So if your file is still there, the reason is probably they want you but they don't know if they have room, i.e. WL.
To whom much is given, much is expected.

blues86

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 06:37:04 PM »
Pink Cosmo, I didn't apply until January, so it's not like I've been waiting forever, but I've already heard responses from two other Boston schools (Northeastern, Suffolk).  It's good to know that they're still working on files and aren't just waiting to send mass rejections, haha!

Earthbound, same here mate, I have friends that have applied and have heard back already (both acceptances and rejections).

penn263, thanks a lot for the info!  It certainly helped put my own application in perspective and given my raw numbers (below the GPA median, above the LSAT median), it makes sense that they would wait a bit. 

Thanks again to all of you for the responses, it certainly helped alleviate my (hopefully) unfounded fears!

ohhayitskk

• Sr. Citizen
  • please don't stop the music
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 09:55:36 PM »
i applied in january, and bc was one of the first schools i got into in mid-february...hm...
bc eleven.

dpwc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 12:01:47 AM »
i applied in january, and bc was one of the first schools i got into in mid-february...hm...

they must have liked you.

agreed. what are your #s?

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 10:19:41 AM »
I got in pretty quickly, too.  Their turnaround on my app was almost as fast as UF and UM's.
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011