Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Creighton  (Read 2238 times)

Brigadoon

• View Profile
Creighton
« on: April 02, 2008, 01:55:43 PM »
Has anyone considered Creighton.  It appears to be a relatively cheap private alternative.  Also, it is very high on the 3rd tier list.  Any thoughts?

slaporte

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Creighton
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 03:46:37 PM »
I am not considering Creighton, but I did my undergrad at University of Nebraska-Lincoln and I have quite a few friends who go to Creighton Law. They all seem to like it. I think Creighton will give you good placement in Nebraska, if that is what you are looking for.

Brigadoon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 04:51:39 PM »
Does Creighton have any exposure or pull outside of the midwest?

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:14:09 PM »
Creighton is viewed as a decent school in the Omaha market. In fact, there are many in the Omaha area that consider Creighton "prestigious." Outside of Omaha, Creighton is not viewed as "prestigious." If you want to practice in Omaha, go to Creighton, otherwise look for T1-T2.

roma3o

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 06:41:55 PM »
I have heard however, that Creighton places some of it's top grads in cities like Chicago and Des Moines. With that said, it would follow that Creighton has a decent reputation in the midwest as a whole.  Outside of that, however, the options may be a bit limited.

NMUZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2008, 01:12:40 AM »
I too am looking into Creighton being from Illinois.  I have always heard good things about the school as a whole and the city of Omaha.