Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A question I haven't seen asked on here  (Read 656 times)

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
A question I haven't seen asked on here
« on: April 02, 2008, 02:23:54 AM »
Ok, so I got accepted to my #1 choice off of the waitlist, my question is do you think it would be ok to contact them and ask them for a SMALL scholarship. Nothing big, especially since its an in-state school with low tuition anyways, I'm thinking only something like 2k a year. Its not like they're going to recsend (spelling?) my acceptance....so...thoughts?

pulvillus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: A question I haven't seen asked on here
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 10:44:47 AM »
Ok, so I got accepted to my #1 choice off of the waitlist, my question is do you think it would be ok to contact them and ask them for a SMALL scholarship. Nothing big, especially since its an in-state school with low tuition anyways, I'm thinking only something like 2k a year. Its not like they're going to recsend (spelling?) my acceptance....so...thoughts?

Correct spelling is rescind. Glad I could help and show up you native speakers  :P

I also agree with yellow, about the likelihood of receiving a scholarship off the waitlist.

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: A question I haven't seen asked on here
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 11:37:19 AM »
Iowa's scholarship offers make no sense to me, but they claim to be very generous with scholarship funds.  LSN does not seem to support this, but the money has to be going somewhere. 

I wonder if the recent drop in the rankings accompanied by the student outcry has prompted the admissions department play along with USNWR.  This may work in your favor.