Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cardozo (PT) vs Seton Hall (20k)  (Read 1459 times)

highhopes967

• View Profile
Cardozo (PT) vs Seton Hall (20k)
« on: April 01, 2008, 04:32:15 PM »
Hey everyone. Would appreciate feedback on Seton Hall (20k per year), or Cardozo May program (the part time option which becomes full time after the first year).

I really would like to hear everyone's feedback on which I should choose and why, and for more than because one school is ranked higher.

the cardozo program starts in may, and I am an undergrad who graduates in may, has anyone else done this and what was their experience?

I have no desire (as of now) to do big law, more interested in sports management. Also like the idea of getting jd/mba from seton hall (thoughts on that). Thanks!

highhopes967

• View Profile
Re: Cardozo (PT) vs Seton Hall (20k)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:24 AM »
Any thoughts lol? I need some perspective!

imagurl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:43 PM »
Are you intent on practicing in NYC or is Jersey an option for you?  Seton Hall will make it tough to crack into the NY market because of all the competition from NYC schools.  Seton Hall places well in Jersey, and if the scholarship can be maintained for 3 years it's not a bad option. What about Rutgers-Newark?  Also, jumping right into law school the day after graduation might be something you have to consider-do you need a break?  Are those your only options right now?

highhopes967

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 12:39:36 PM »
Thanks Imagurl:

I would like to practice in NY/NJ,

The scholarship at Seton Hall requires a 3.2, of course I believe in myself, but that is a fairly high requirement for a scholarship correct, i'm not sure what % of the class that would place me.

As far as options, st. john's offered me 15k, i liked it, but I want to be in the city for law school. Also got into villanova, nyls, hofstra. but seton hall, cardozo and st. john's are top three.

As far as a break. One thing I like about the part-time program is that at cardozo it is essentially three 10 credit semesters, instead of the typical two 15 credit semesters, from what i hear this is a lot less stressful.

BrooklynLaw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 01:38:47 PM »
if you want to do sports management then that JD/MBA will really help you out a lot.

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 01:47:09 PM »
'Dozo. You can always transfer to FT later.

dukedogalley

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 03:01:55 PM »
Thanks Imagurl:

I would like to practice in NY/NJ,

The scholarship at Seton Hall requires a 3.2, of course I believe in myself, but that is a fairly high requirement for a scholarship correct, i'm not sure what % of the class that would place me.

As far as options, st. john's offered me 15k, i liked it, but I want to be in the city for law school. Also got into villanova, nyls, hofstra. but seton hall, cardozo and st. john's are top three.

As far as a break. One thing I like about the part-time program is that at cardozo it is essentially three 10 credit semesters, instead of the typical two 15 credit semesters, from what i hear this is a lot less stressful.

FYI - 3.2 is the curve at seton

highhopes967

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 03:49:40 PM »
El Che, the pt program is unique, everyone who enrolls in the pt program in may becomes full time automatically after the 1st year. The only difference between Cardozo pt and cardozo ft is cardozo pt starts in may and thus the fall and spring semesters you take one less class, after the first year you are in the exact same group as ft automatically. I know, its quite different than most PT programs

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »
El Che, the pt program is unique, everyone who enrolls in the pt program in may becomes full time automatically after the 1st year. The only difference between Cardozo pt and cardozo ft is cardozo pt starts in may and thus the fall and spring semesters you take one less class, after the first year you are in the exact same group as ft automatically. I know, its quite different than most PT programs

Ah, thanks for that info. Seems like a good plan then!

highhopes967

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 01:44:06 PM »
Thanks for the replies guys, has anyone out there actually done the Cardozo may program, what did you think of it and how was the experience?