Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Brooklyn Scholarship??  (Read 772 times)

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
Brooklyn Scholarship??
« on: March 31, 2008, 07:22:55 PM »
I got an e-mail from Brooklyn last week notifying me of acceptance and received the official letter today.  Neither record said anything about a scholarship but as I understand it Brooklyn is a little weird with scholarships and typically sends notification after acceptance notices.  Can someone shed some light on this?  When and how would I know if I were eligible for a merit scholarship?  Thanks!

rosetta

• View Profile
Re: Brooklyn Scholarship??
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 07:44:27 PM »
they send scholarship notifications way after the notification. you should call the school and ask if they are still granting scholarships

cannotpick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 01:28:56 AM »
Agreed. What are your numbers?
'08 graduate of Brooklyn Law

...The Dude abides...

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 06:42:08 AM »
162/3.55 for PT

LilyGrey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 11:23:21 AM »
One of the attorneys I work with used to work at the admissions office at Brooklyn.  She called, and they told her that they have already sent out the first waive of scholarship letters, and that a second wave will go out later in the spring.  (Although, this was regarding the full time programs -- I'm not sure its the same for part time).

You can try calling Admissions, but the receptionist seem a little unsure about the process.  Instead, e-mail admitq@brooklaw.edu and ask whether you've been awarded scholarship money or not.

You definitely want to fill out the Need Access information (http://needaccess.org/) as soon as you can, because you can also qualify for grant money.

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 01:30:45 PM »
The admissions office has been surprisingly unresponsive to my inquiries.  Over the last two weeks I sent two emails regarding scholarship info, and one e-mail and a voice-mail regarding extending the deadline for my seat deposit - none of which received a reply.  I am traveling out of the country in a few days and I really wanted to get some clarification before I leave, but I am afraid any further follow-up will be perceived as hounding.  Either way, the communication flow thus far has been disconcerting.

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2008, 01:51:31 PM »
Brooklyn is never good with answering calls from what I can tell.

kjburke1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 01:53:06 PM »
So you think I should just keep following up?  I really need an answer on seat deposit issue before I leave on vacation because I will be returning post the deadline. 

epicac

• press play
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 02:19:10 PM »
Brooklyn is never good with answering calls from what I can tell.

I've heard this... and I'm experiencing it myself.  I'm going to have to send in a deposit to NYLS in the next 2 days, it's too bad they haven't bothered to give me a response at all.
riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels...