negativeexternality

• emory 2011 - i can has law degree?!?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jbeckett72
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: MLB thread
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2008, 10:25:15 PM »
Definitely stoked about Kershaw.

I would be most happy if Bill Plaschke was never allowed to write again.

Also, if you aren't reading http://www.firejoemorgan.com already, you're missing out.

FJM = greatest sports site of all time

plus, ken tremendous is mose from the office.
ísi me gusta!: W&L ($$$), W&M ($$), ND ($$), Emory ($$$), OSU ($$), GMU, Fordham ($), some other TTTs (no, really, i hate that term)

just friends: vandy, BC, GWU

modus pwned: Michigan, UVa

WTFMAKEADECISION!!!1!: WUSTL

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2008, 10:27:07 PM »
The thing that chaps my hide is the Joe's dad (who's name currently escapes me) gets a lot of credit for "i don't believe what i just saw" when anyone with half a brain knows it is all about "in a year that has been so improbable, the impossible has happened!"
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 10:27:49 PM »
what's everyone's thoughts on francisco liriano holding up for the duration of the season.  he has such upside potential...
Wallace Stevens: "BLAHHHH you and I are like the same person."

negativeexternality

• emory 2011 - i can has law degree?!?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jbeckett72
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 10:33:21 PM »
what's everyone's thoughts on francisco liriano holding up for the duration of the season.  he has such upside potential...

the twins are sure to use the kid gloves with liriano, what with him coming off TJ surgery and the team being in rebuilding mode.  i doubt he pitches more than 150-170 innings, so his impact will be limited this year.
ísi me gusta!: W&L ($$$), W&M ($$), ND ($$), Emory ($$$), OSU ($$), GMU, Fordham ($), some other TTTs (no, really, i hate that term)

just friends: vandy, BC, GWU

modus pwned: Michigan, UVa

WTFMAKEADECISION!!!1!: WUSTL

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
I really hope the blue crew can grab a title before Vin hangs 'em up.  We'll see...

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2008, 10:36:42 PM »

the twins are sure to use the kid gloves with liriano, what with him coming off TJ surgery and the team being in rebuilding mode.  i doubt he pitches more than 150-170 innings, so his impact will be limited this year.

that's what i was thinking.  i think he's only gonna have 1 more start in hte minors before he's back in the bigs.  imagine if he never had TJ and santana was still a twin. scary.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2008, 10:39:38 PM »
That statement kind of captures all that is wrong with MLB.  Wait, you have to add something about steroids, cry-baby athletes with huge egos, etc...but stay with me...

I'm trying to say its such a shame that teams can't afford to keep players that they develop.  My team, the Dodgers, benefits from the situation, but it is still a shame.

Oakland, for instance, has developed some really great players, but they can't hang on to them.  Happens in Seattle too, etc.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2008, 10:41:36 PM »
imagine if the dodgers never traded pedro martinez for delino deshields.

haha. well you must have some high hopes for this year at least with, um, a new manager ( you thief).

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 10:41:51 PM »
That hurt. 

It was bad enough that they did that, but what made it worse is that Delino never even came close to producing the way he did with the Expos.  Double whammy.

I hated the trade at the time but I thought "at least we've addressed our dire need for a lead-off hitter".

Where have you gone Steve Sax?

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »
salary cap.

Revenue sharing is supposed to address the issue but you never know what is really going on.  A lot of these teams/owners don't care about winning I'm sure and I think they are making a lot more money than they are letting on.

Didn't the NFL just say they were operating at a loss or something?