Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UMICH vs. UVA  (Read 3622 times)

StudentUVA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: UMICH vs. UVA
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 09:10:15 AM »
Both are pretty equal in terms of prestige and job opportunities. However, Michigan is freaking cold in the winter. We hardly ever get any snow. So as far as location, C-Ville>>AA.

Kirk Lazarus

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 09:36:37 AM »
Both are pretty equal in terms of prestige and job opportunities. However, Michigan is freaking cold in the winter. We hardly ever get any snow. So as far as location, C-Ville>>AA.

Not to be an insufferable pissant, but while C-ville is pretty and warm, Ann Arbor -  despite the cold - is the far superior city.
YLS c/o 2009

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 11:13:43 AM »
TITCR. And I live in C'ville.

cisforcookie

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2008, 12:26:38 PM »
not sure about the uva campus in particular, but the whole region around DC is absolutely disgusting during the summer. hot and humid and swampy. if you're gonna be working in dc during those summers, it's gonna suck every minute if you're not in an air-conditioned building.

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2008, 12:53:12 PM »
not sure about the uva campus in particular, but the whole region around DC is absolutely disgusting during the summer. hot and humid and swampy. if you're gonna be working in dc during those summers, it's gonna suck every minute if you're not in an air-conditioned building.

however, you will be going to UVa so it is pretty likely you'll be in a nice air conditioned office during the summers, especially 2L summer.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

dpwc

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 07:54:07 PM »
tag.

anyone else have any insight?

rabbit9198

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 10:47:55 PM »
I'd say about 50% of the crew at this weekend's Michigan ASW were making this decision...
Read my blog about 1L life at Yale (and Harvard): http://similarlysituated.blogspot.com/

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/rabbit9198/

YLS 2011

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 01:23:28 AM »
OOh, thats a really really really hard decision. They are very comparable schools (large state campuses located in mid-sized college towns close to metropolitan areas).

Visit and go with your great. You will make a great decision either way.

...except, it's WAY easier to travel to Mich than UVa.

op, go with your gut, you will be fine.
Columbia 3L

montanawildhack

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 01:42:47 AM »
no longer is tied to taking an instate quota that inevitably negatively affects GPA/LSAT stats.

<---- Virginia resident freaking out because UVA was my safety, can anyone confirm or deny this?

und3r3stimat3d

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 02:04:17 AM »
no longer is tied to taking an instate quota that inevitably negatively affects GPA/LSAT stats.

<---- Virginia resident freaking out because UVA was my safety, can anyone confirm or deny this?

if top 10 uva was really your safety, this shouldn't affect you too much. still, i have not heard this. it's good news for the school, though, if it's true.