Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chapman Tier 3 - Will this affect the waitlist?  (Read 4348 times)

SoCal123

• View Profile
Chapman Tier 3 - Will this affect the waitlist?
« on: March 28, 2008, 01:19:07 PM »
Chapman moved to mid Tier 3, Southwestern moves South in this year's USNEWS rank

Does this change anyone's mind about where they will apply/attend?

Chapman's LSAT and GPA indicate it is more Tier 2 than Tier 3 already.  However, Southwestern has been around longer and so has more alumni.  Which would you choose if you got off both waitlists?

ForMartha

• View Profile
Re: Chapman Tier 3 - Will this affect the waitlist?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 01:38:00 PM »
SW is a much more established school with a MUCH larger alumni base.  Coming from a Tier 3 or 4 school really sucks, so it helps to come from a school where the alumni are everywhere in So Cal.  Plus, don't expect SW to stay in T4--it's been a T3 for so long now.

Don't let US NEWS decide what school you should attend.  good luck

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 10:43:59 PM »
interesting points raised here. I'm on the waitlist for Chapman. I found out today Should I be happy or Sad?
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

thelawman

• View Profile
    • numbers
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 02:35:18 AM »
chapman is cool cuz its in the OC!!!!!! ::)

LawSchoolCutie

• Sr. Citizen
  • photoshoot with Bryan D. Socal Photography
    • AOL Instant Messenger - sx1ba8emoni
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 04:17:39 PM »
got a letter that stated that i was still waitlisted at Chapman and to send additional information...
GPA: 3.22
GPA in Major 3.8
LSAT Practice Highest Score 152
LSAT Goal Score at least 165

magic615

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 11:21:28 PM »
I received a waitlist notice last week for chapman.  Has anyone been accepted from waitlist?  How many on waitlist and what do you think odds are?

ihateattorneys

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 12:14:32 PM »
I was admitted from the wait-list at Chapman, but with the catch that I am to be part of the "Part-Time" program.  I have an offer from McGeorge with a $8,000 Scholarship.  I think I am leaning towards McGeorge, but I am curious to see what you guys think I should do.  McGeorge's ranking suggest that it is the superior school, but I would love to stay close to home.  Any educated input would be great.

magic615

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2008, 04:50:53 PM »
I didn't know they had a part-time program?  Problem with part-time is that I think you have to be in law school for 4 years, so the expense for school ends up being more.

ezeman200x

• AOL Instant Messenger - usctroyholla
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2008, 01:02:34 PM »
I was admitted from the wait-list at Chapman, but with the catch that I am to be part of the "Part-Time" program.  I have an offer from McGeorge with a $8,000 Scholarship.  I think I am leaning towards McGeorge, but I am curious to see what you guys think I should do.  McGeorge's ranking suggest that it is the superior school, but I would love to stay close to home.  Any educated input would be great.

Would you be living at home with your parents by going to Chapman?  If so, the housing costs would likely negate the $8K scholarship, which likely has conditions on it.  And after a year, maybe you can try to transfer into the full-time division at Chapman.

Personally, I'd like you to take the McGeorge offer so I have a better shot at getting off the Chapman Waitlist.  But to be fair, you're in a good position where you'll find success either way.

Miri

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 02:07:33 AM »
I was admitted yesterday. Was on the waitlist since early January. However, I am part time as well, but I emailed with the admissions advisor, and she said that (with Dean's approval) you could switch to full time after the first year.

Is there any chance I will get some money from Chapman? Supposedly I will receive info in regards to any scholarships some time soon. I already accepted Western State with 20K and the whole perks of getting special lunches with the dean and everything as well as full time, so I am in somewhat of a pickle...

Any suggestions?