Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC vs. Money  (Read 1569 times)

ohhayitskk

• Sr. Citizen
  • please don't stop the music
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BC vs. Money
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2008, 08:32:54 AM »
Two questions if you don't mind answering:

How much more than BC were you being offered at the other schools?
And out of curiosity, What type of public interest law?

if you refer back to the beginning of the thread, i typed out my scholarship offers from other schools. a couple of schools also gave me small grants, but nothing significant. and i want to be a criminal prosecutor...i'm particularly interested in issues like sexual and domestic violence, and child abuse.
bc eleven.

bamf

• Sr. Citizen
  • legal eagle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2008, 12:57:57 PM »
I know you said above that you already decided to stick with BC, so I just wanted to throw in a little support .. that was the right choice! Now, BCs LRAP doesn't make you rich, certainly, but it is similar to, if not better than, peer schools, and the Dean is committed to getting more money into the program in the near future.  Anyways you are going to have great opportunities out of BC and I'm glad to see some folks on LSD headed to Newton.
2L, Boston College Law

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/bamf

Around from time to time.  Always willing to answer any Qs about BC, my '06/'07 cycle or law school in general ... PMs work better ...

F. Mercury

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2008, 02:29:58 PM »
after a lot of thought and conversations with my financial advisor...also known as my father...i think i'm going to stick with bc. i think it's the best fit for me, i will be happy there, i don't want to move south, and i will deal with the debt as i have to when the time comes. thanks guys!

just want to let u know that this might mean working in a firm...

nukelaw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Get your eagle on
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jimmydahat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:07 PM »
Have you tried talking to BC to increase your aid package? I sent over my offer from BU and they responded in less than a week with more money. Sometimes it's just a matter of showing your interest. BC tends to be conservative with the purse strings, but will help those who truly want to go there.

Also be sure to check out the public service scholarship if you haven't already: http://www.bc.edu/schools/law/admission/finaid/scholloans.html#publicservicescholarship

thelawman

• View Profile
    • numbers
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 02:58:08 AM »
i would get rid of my dream and embrace cajun food in tulane

its a great school and if you choose to go private u can make a good amount of money upon graduation