Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Slow Down of Acceptances?  (Read 1037 times)

CJLaw

• View Profile
Slow Down of Acceptances?
« on: March 22, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »
Is it me, or has the amount of acceptances received dropped the past couple of weeks. Both on this site and on lawschoolnumbers, there have only been a handful of decisions. What is with the slow down? Have the schools sent out enough acceptances to fill all their seats and just waiting for some to be declined?

romancingthestone

• View Profile
Re: Slow Down of Acceptances?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 11:04:22 AM »
I know, right?  I got a rush of acceptances, like one  a week at least, and now it's been like three weeks of total silence.  I don't get it at all.  Just reject me, already!

jgomez

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 11:06:19 AM »
i noticed the same, but i hope you are so wrong because I haven't got accepted anywehere yet (sent in apps late around 3/15).

romancingthestone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 11:09:10 AM »
good luck!  I wonder how that affects things, applying late?  I could see how it could work for or against you depending on so many things... anyway for sure you will hear in less time than the rest of us.  don't sweat it.

fungoking

• Play me some Buck Owens!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 12:32:43 PM »
Hey All,

In the same boat.  Probably because the schools to which we applied use rolling admissions.  They start reviewing apps in January or December, do their auto admits/rejects at the same time, and then have 2-4 rounds of admit/reject before their final round, during which the vast majority of decisions are made.

At one of my schools, the final round is the last week of April.  Its not my first choice, but its a state school that would be MUCH cheaper than any other school on my list.

Maybe you could call, not giving your name, and just ask what the timetable is for application review.  They told me at one school, and I didnt even have to give em my name. At least that way we could have a little peace of mind.