Law School Discussion

Admitted Students Weekends Public Service Announcement

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
Re: Admitted Students Weekends Public Service Announcement
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »
Good God that sounds pathetic!!  New rule, if you have to bring mommy, you don't belong in law shcool.

SamE397

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 06:02:57 PM »
Oh, there are entire threads supporting the bringing of mommy.
I don't know maybe you hate your parents and don't want to be around them but personally I have a good relationship with my parents. They were interested in my life and wanted to learn more about what I was doing I don't see anything wrong with that. Besides they might be helping me out financially while I'm in school and are curious about where their money could be going. I don't see what's so criminal about either of these things.

SamE397

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
I don't know maybe you hate your parents and don't want to be around them but personally I have a good relationship with my parents. They were interested in my life and wanted to learn more about what I was doing I don't see anything wrong with that. Besides they might be helping me out financially while I'm in school and are curious about where their money could be going. I don't see what's so criminal about either of these things.

having a good relationship with your parents is deeply dysfunctional and the fact that you are not taking out $250k in loans like everyone else is a crime against humanity.*

*these comments not intended to be taken seriously.
LMAO

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2009, 06:28:19 PM »
Amendment to above rule.... If you take mommy with you to a strip club, you can take her to the open-house.

SamE397

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »
Amendment to above rule.... If you take mommy with you to a strip club, you can take her to the open-house.

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2009, 10:55:10 PM »

You FAIL SamE397... If Comic Book Guy is to be used in a thread, it is either "Worst/Best post EVER...."
You bring great shame upon yourself and your family.

SamE397

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2009, 10:51:53 AM »

You FAIL SamE397... If Comic Book Guy is to be used in a thread, it is either "Worst/Best post EVER...."
You bring great shame upon yourself and your family.
Not bad even if you're an angry bitter person I'm glad to see you at least have a sense of humor about yourself. .)

Matlock!!!!

• He, he, he.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2009, 12:23:00 PM »
Awww come on... I'm bitter, but definately not angry! ;)

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2009, 06:35:58 PM »
I love my parents. I have a great relationship with my mom and she is financially involved in law school for me. I might have invited her to ASD if it wasn't for the fact that we would each have had to travel a long way in different directions, BUT I know that my mom wouldn't act the way that some of the moms people on here have talked about. She would have said very little and let me make my own first impression on the other students. If you can bring your mom and not let her speak for you, go ahead, but if you're just going to hide behind her, you shouldn't bring her.

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »
You should still not bring your mom to admitted students day. (See? It says who should be there in the name of the event!) Even if she's quiet and wonderful, it still sends weird signals to your future classmates and professional network. It's professional school, not the first day of college. Bring her for the weekend, but have her go check out apartments or something for you instead of hanging out at the activities fair and the mixers.

For the record, I love my parents too. I have a great relationship with them.  They're not financially involved in law school, but if yours are paying and think that at all entitles them to be involved in the decision-making, then you should go it alone financially. 

Most law schools have a family weekend.  Bring them along to that.