Law School Discussion

Stanford Law Class of 2011 (Even if you are just considering it...)

Re: Stanford Law Class of 2011 (Even if you are just considering it...)
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2008, 02:26:43 PM »
I had an amazing time at Stanford as well, and I think I might have been won over.  For those of you deciding between Stanford and Harvard, where are you leaning?

« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2008, 10:21:40 AM »
I had an amazing time at Stanford as well, and I think I might have been won over.  For those of you deciding between Stanford and Harvard, where are you leaning?
I'm leaning towards Harvard. The social scene and the isolation were a bit much for me, I think. Everyone seems to be really into that stuff, so maybe I got the wrong impression--did anyone get the sense it was a little privileged and homogeneous? On the other hand it seems like at Harvard I'd have to hustle more to get at the same resources Stanford seems to gift-wrap for students.

But hey, there's still another week-plus to chew it over ...

« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »

Blah, I feel sooo left out because I chose Harvard before going to Stanford's ASW. I knew I was 100% sure on Harvard because of the Joint Degree, but in hindsight it would have been fun to meet some of you at Stanford. I'm glad everyone had a great time there though!

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 01:48:10 PM »
I chose Stanford over Harvard (and Yale wait list) last year but deferred my admission a year, so I'll be in the class of 2011. After the Stanford ASW last year I was pretty much sold and I knew that Stanford was simply where I would be happiest. I don't think I'll regret my decision. I'm super excited to meet all of you that will be there with me! I wasn't at the ASW this year so that summary of housing was super helpful. I didn't really remember all the options from that tour I took a year ago...

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 07:08:56 PM »
I sent in my housing app today. It is available through axess. You don't have to commit to going or pay the deposit to send the housing app. It is due May 11th, I think.

My choices:

1. Escondido 3 BR/3 people
2. Rains 2 BR/2 People
3. Escondido 2 BR/2 People
4. Rains 4 BR/4 People
5. Escondido 2 BR/3 People
6. Crothers Single

Tallis seemed to think that Rains was a bit nicer than Escondido. Do you view them as equals? What differences did you see between them?

TallisUmbras

• The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 07:58:07 PM »
I sent in my housing app today. It is available through axess. You don't have to commit to going or pay the deposit to send the housing app. It is due May 11th, I think.

My choices:

2. Rains 2 BR/2 People
4. Rains 4 BR/4 People
6. Crothers Single

Tallis seemed to think that Rains was a bit nicer than Escondido. Do you view them as equals? What differences did you see between them?

I can elaborate on that point but I will let saasen speak to his decision. Personally, I went with a Rains 2 bedroom, followed by Escondido studio as my top choices.

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »

My choices:

2. Rains 2 BR/2 People
4. Rains 4 BR/4 People
6. Crothers Single

Well the Escondido 3 BR/3 people gives you privacy, a bathroom, and a kitchen, but is over $100 less a month than the other Rains or Escondido options I listed.

But I'd rather split a bathroom/kitchen with one other person than three. The Rains 4 BR/4 people is not cheaper than the 2 BR/2 people option (at either Rains or Escondido). So the Escondido 2BR is above the Rains 4BR.

I do like Rains more than Escondido, but I am thinking about the money to private space ratio.

Interesting...Don't the 4 BR Rains have 2 bathrooms? Do the 3 BR Escondidos have 1 bathroom? I'm thinking I wouldn't mind so much having to share my living room/kitchen with extra people, but bathroom space is precious. I remember the studios being amazing but I don't want to spend that kind of money. I'll probably put the 2BR Rains first and then either the 4BR Rains or the 2BR Escondido next.

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2008, 12:33:17 AM »
eh, I am probably going to NYU....

I think that's a fantastic idea  ;)

TallisUmbras

• The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
eh, I am probably going to NYU....

I think that's a fantastic idea  ;)

LOL

Stanford is a great school--in my opinion sig. better than Harvard and Yale. But the AnBryce program at NYU--there's nothing out there like it. It is just such an incredible program, so I have to take it.

All of you will have a fantastic time in Cali, and best of luck to everyone riding the WL!

It's completely understandable saasen. Congratulations!

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Hey everyone, i'll be joining the SLS Class of 2011.

I have a question for you all.  I was at ASW but missed the housing tour.  Can someone fill me in?

I'm considering crothers due to the cost and am wondering what the kitchen situation is like.  I'm told there is a communal ktichen... what's it like?  Is there a fridge? 

I'd also like whatever info you all have on reins/escondido.  Basically any info you want to throw at me.