Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Next Step with Southwestern??  (Read 323 times)

P. Pius

• View Profile
Next Step with Southwestern??
« on: March 27, 2008, 07:07:31 PM »
So I looked at the status checker today for Southwestern and got put on the waitlist after what seemed like an eternity (I had been complete for 3 + months, though probably not as long as others had been)  Anyways, I don't live in California, so going there would require a bit of planning in terms of housing, car, etc.

I was looking on LSN and saw that a lot of the people on the waitlist from years past didn't hear back until the start of August.  I'm sure there have been others who have been taken off the waitlist and accepted sooner than that...but with my situation, the sooner I find out the better.

Does anyone have any ideas, thoughts, etc on what I can do in order to somewhat expedite my standing on the waitlist??  Thanks ya'll, I appreciate your support.
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

Re: Next Step with Southwestern??
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:12:59 PM »
I am in the same boat..I know for a fact I will be writing a letter of continued interest.  I am also thinking about going to visit, so that admissions can put a face to my file.  Other than that, I am not sure...Maybe an additional letter of rec??