• Email
« on: March 27, 2008, 03:52:29 PM »
Okay thanks

botbot

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: deferring admission
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 04:00:47 PM »
It isn't looked upon favorably, but wouldn't prevent you from being a lawyer.

That said, don't do it.  The school is going out on a limb to defer your admission, don't take advantage of them.

jd2bee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 04:08:39 PM »

That said, don't do it.  The school is going out on a limb to defer your admission, don't take advantage of them.

It could prevent you from going to law school. If you defer, then go to another school, the original school could absolutely contact the school you want to attend and let them know you unethically have applied to other schools during a deferment and that could cause HUGE problems.  And yes, unethical activity during the application process could prevent you from being barred.

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »

It could prevent you from going to law school. If you defer, then go to another school, the original school could absolutely contact the school you want to attend and let them know you unethically have applied to other schools during a deferment and that could cause HUGE problems.  And yes, unethical activity during the application process could prevent you from being barred.

I am not going to accept the deferment. I had no idea it was considered unethical. I know people send in seat deposits and then don't go to that school. I figured it was the same thing.

Thank you for the advice. I think I may just go ahead and go to school this year. This process is amazingly stressful.