Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Just got waitlisted at Cornell  (Read 749 times)

newjaytdot

Just got waitlisted at Cornell
« on: March 27, 2008, 01:52:18 PM »
After an eternity of waiting, my extremely borderline application was put on the waitlist.  This is somewhat good news to me since it is not a rejection.  I live 45 minutes from Ithaca, so I am going to see if I can go down to Myron Taylor and have a face-to-face with someone.

Has anyone else just been put on the waitlist?  What are you going to do?

I'm going to fight for it.

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Just got waitlisted at Cornell
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:56:04 PM »
After an eternity of waiting, my extremely borderline application was put on the waitlist.  This is somewhat good news to me since it is not a rejection.  I live 45 minutes from Ithaca, so I am going to see if I can go down to Myron Taylor and have a face-to-face with someone.

Good luck dude!

newjaytdot

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »

Yea, I got via snail mail.  The status checker still doesn't show decision though.  You will probably hear something pretty soon.  I can get mail from Ithaca from someone delivering it on foot  ;D

newjaytdot

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2008, 02:30:31 PM »
Let's just say I could've done more - now I wish I had.  I wrote them an addendum with my application, but I wrote that to every school (it explains the difference between my degree GPA and UGPA).  About 2 weeks after going complete I wrote them an email which expressed heavy interest and a focus, but I didn't write an official LOCI. 

I'm going to pull out all of the stops now.  I might contact another prof from my alma mater and see if they can whip up a little LOR, and I am going to try to get ahold of the admissions office and see if they will grant me an interview. 

Looks like I might have to shave..

newjaytdot

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2008, 02:34:30 PM »
Let's just say I could have done more - now I wish I did.

I sent 3 LORs and an addendum explaining the discrepancy b/w my UGPA and my degree GPA.  Instead of a formal LOCI or 'why Cornell' essay, I sent them an email expressing why they are a good fit for me and vice versa. 

I am going to try to schedule an interview with the admissions office.  If I get one, it looks like I'll have to shave...

Best of luck to you my man!

newjaytdot

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »
LOL that's true.  I'm forgetting that it's Ithaca.  I should probably pick up a pair of birkenstocks and devil sticks (tongue firmly in cheek).

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2008, 10:00:41 PM »

Good for you. Good luck!

washdc23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 12:29:54 PM »
I got a letter yesterday. From perusing their letter, I think I'm a hold and not formally waitlisted. Also, like you, I'm a fringe candidate and thought I might be able to slip under the radar. Do you think you'd go there and pay full price?

newjaytdot

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 02:14:18 PM »
I got a letter yesterday. From perusing their letter, I think I'm a hold and not formally waitlisted. Also, like you, I'm a fringe candidate and thought I might be able to slip under the radar. Do you think you'd go there and pay full price?

No.  I KNOW I would go there and pay full price.