Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Great Moments in Public Transportation  (Read 12753 times)

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Great Moments in Public Transportation
« Reply #90 on: April 08, 2008, 10:29:28 PM »
lol you're like the queen of acronyms

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 10, 2008, 02:30:03 PM »
Oh man.

So I get off the 3 this morning as usual, and I'm walking out of the station and I see a crowd of people literally standing still in place and staring intently at something.  My first guess was a be-bopper or some similar type of performer.   No sir!  Two grown azz women in full professional work attire were fighting.  And when I say fighting, I mean hand upside the head type fighting.  Nobody would move to do anything.  And I had just seen 2 police officers standing on the platform downstairs like 10 seconds before I saw this, but on this level there wasn't a cop in sight, which is odd because they are usually all over the place.

One lady was African, and the other lady was Latina.  The latina kept shouting something like "well how do you get around New York then?  This is New York!"  Then the African lady would hit her again and again.  Clean shots to the dome!  Smack Smack Smack!!!  The latina screamed at her to stop hitting here, and the African lady, at that point, picked up her purse from the floor and just started walking away.  There was a guy in the middle trying to separate the two but he was the only person doing anything, everybody else was just watching.

Wild.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

LHL

• V
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 10, 2008, 02:36:51 PM »
Oh man.

So I get off the 3 this morning as usual, and I'm walking out of the station and I see a crowd of people literally standing still in place and staring intently at something.  My first guess was a be-bopper or some similar type of performer.   No sir!  Two grown azz women in full professional work attire were fighting.  And when I say fighting, I mean hand upside the head type fighting.  Nobody would move to do anything.  And I had just seen 2 police officers standing on the platform downstairs like 10 seconds before I saw this, but on this level there wasn't a cop in sight, which is odd because they are usually all over the place.

One lady was African, and the other lady was Latina.  The latina kept shouting something like "well how do you get around New York then?  This is New York!"  Then the African lady would hit her again and again.  Clean shots to the dome!  Smack Smack Smack!!!  The latina screamed at her to stop hitting here, and the African lady, at that point, picked up her purse from the floor and just started walking away.  There was a guy in the middle trying to separate the two but he was the only person doing anything, everybody else was just watching.

Wild.

LMAO!!!  I can see why no one stopped them.  Must've been hilarious.
I hate this limbo!

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 10, 2008, 03:40:36 PM »
Lol and Sands was like, Sorry, I just got this suit pressed.  I'mma stand on the sidelines for this one.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 10, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
Lol and Sands was like, Sorry, I just got this suit pressed.  I'mma stand on the sidelines for this one.

:D

Its funny, I saw all of this take place in a span of about 15 seconds as I was walking.  I never stopped to watch.  At most I just turned my head back so that I could see that nobody was killing anybody and I kept it moving.  If the officers had been at the turnstyle a few feet away from there like they usually were I would have told them cats they might wanna go handle that on my way out but they weren't there so hey... 
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 10, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »
Oh man.

Wild.

DEAD...omg, I know if I was there, I would have slowed down to see some more.  So wait, the other woman wasn't even defending herself?  Wow.
Columbia 3L

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 10, 2008, 05:49:11 PM »
yeah not that I saw, although the african lady's clothes looked a bit messed up as well so I suspect that she got some licks in somewhere along the way before I happened to walk by.  Crazy ya'll.  This was at the Times Square station too, so you KNOW how they have like mad cops walking that joint.

You could tell that the dispute arose becaus somebody bumped into somebody.

A few months ago, at the EXACT SAME STAIRCASE, this old man was getting into it with this young professional type cat in a suit for the same thing - bumping into him as he was getting off the subway.

I'm sorry but this is NEW YORK CITY fool.  There are 18 million people here.  You can not possibly get pissed when somebody happens to brush by you.  It happens all the time!  Say "Excuse me," shut the @#!* up and keep it moving.  Sheesh.
Charles H. Houston

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2008, 11:16:06 PM »
yeah not that I saw, although the african lady's clothes looked a bit messed up as well so I suspect that she got some licks in somewhere along the way before I happened to walk by.  Crazy ya'll.  This was at the Times Square station too, so you KNOW how they have like mad cops walking that joint.

You could tell that the dispute arose becaus somebody bumped into somebody.

A few months ago, at the EXACT SAME STAIRCASE, this old man was getting into it with this young professional type cat in a suit for the same thing - bumping into him as he was getting off the subway.

I'm sorry but this is NEW YORK CITY fool.  There are 18 million people here.  You can not possibly get pissed when somebody happens to brush by you.  It happens all the time!  Say "Excuse me," shut the @#!* up and keep it moving.  Sheesh.

lol how come i KNEW that it was the times square station!!! see, part of the problem is that people DON'T say excuse me.  if they did, altercations wouldn't happen.  i hate that *&^% bc its rude as hell.
Columbia 3L

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: April 11, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
Okay I know this may not count as public transportation but it does make you go WTH. On my drive home this evening I stopped at a major intersectionin the neighborhood. Let me be clear I live near the Atlanta Airport. Traffic going through this intersection left and right with people pulling into the parking areas surrounding the airport. At this particular intersection I yield to turn and look over to my right and observe a mother and her son. The son's little pecker is poked out and mama is directing him to pee right there on the grassed covered gore at this turn. I just shook my head and thought lawd why.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 12, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
Okay I know this may not count as public transportation but it does make you go WTH. On my drive home this evening I stopped at a major intersectionin the neighborhood. Let me be clear I live near the Atlanta Airport. Traffic going through this intersection left and right with people pulling into the parking areas surrounding the airport. At this particular intersection I yield to turn and look over to my right and observe a mother and her son. The son's little pecker is poked out and mama is directing him to pee right there on the grassed covered gore at this turn. I just shook my head and thought lawd why.

::sigh:: SMH
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?