Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Great Moments in Public Transportation  (Read 12305 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
    • Black Law Students Association
Re: Great Moments in Public Transportation
« Reply #80 on: April 08, 2008, 01:06:33 PM »
When I imagine pickpockets I see Victorian orphans.  I cant imagine getting pickpocketed in the modern age, despite that droning message they play on all the busses

Oh they're good, let me tell you.  I haven't got got by one yet [knocking on wood] but I've seen them in action.  Folks don't even know what happened till they get home.  Its wierd but I always expect somebody to try to pick my pocket so I do all these things whenever I'm out to make sure that doesn't happen.  City life.  :P
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 08, 2008, 01:49:40 PM »
My father used to keep a set mouse trap in his back suit pocket when he lived in Brazil. SNAP when it cap out of the pocket.

lmao that's great.  I'm going to do that one day.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 08, 2008, 01:53:35 PM »
You know it!  But I've heard of this happening so many times on the NYC subway,* that we might have to embellish a little.  Like he started chasing you through the train or something.

*I mean really, I wouldn't want to take a black light into those subway cars...

LOL. People are so nasty!

Yeah you can't be caught slippin on the train, or anywhere for that matter.  Like I tell my friends when they come visit, look this is a major city like any other.  Use common sense and don't put yourself into any situations where it would be easy to take advantage of you, pick your pocket, whatever.  Keep your eyes open and don't walk around this piece like you're in la-la land and you'll be fine.
that's part of the reason why i can't @#!* with the train at night.

a few months ago a woman got raped--but she was somewhat dumb.  she does on the train late at night and falls asleep.  she's awakened by a man in front of her asking how much?  she says she's not a prostitute and her dumb ass goes back to sleep.  (my ass would have gotten up and went into the car with the conductor...matter of fact, i would have been there from jump).  next thing you know, she wakes up and dude has a knife to her throat...and she gets raped.  i feel bad for her, but you can't be foolish on the train.

i'm the first person to go to sleep on the train--but that's when it's crowded as hell and i'm a light train sleeper.

man, ya'll are getting serious I meant it as a funny but freakishly nasty story.  

But that reminds me of another one:

On my way from one club spot to another spot (come to think of it, that's how these probs start...my butt needs to just stay in one place). So I'm walking alone on a very busy well lit street on my way to get up with some of my other friends.  I decided to walk since it was only a few blocks away to get on the subway.  Wasn't that late-  around 11pm or so.   I'm wearing some high heels, capri pants, tight slightly low cut shirt.  I pass several drivers & one offers me a ride.  At this point my feet are killing me and I had about 4 blocks to go.  I go to get into the back seat and the driver tells me that something's wrong with the back seat and that I couldn't sit there-  that the seat had handicap capabilities that allowed the chair to be removed for wheelchair and that it wouldn't stay down even if I sat in it.  So I get into the passenger seat and tell him where I'm going and that it was only a few blocks.  He tells me that he's going to have to take a different way because one of the roads is blocked.  Making conversation I asked him more about the backseat.  Then I detected his very heavy accent so heavy that I couldn't understand what he was saying so I asked him to just say it in Spanish (I'm not fluent but I can understand it but can't speak it).  So he tells me that actually someone threw up in the back seat.  OK, that's not what he told me before...hmmm.  Then the confession:  "actually I wanted to sit next to you.  You look so beautiful."  Then some Spanish gibberish that I couldn't quite make out.  He says it again.  And I say in English, "look I can't understand your accent just say it in Spanish".  He is still driving and asks me for a kiss. "Umm no, I don't know you and you need to let me out of the car.  You lied to me about the seat.  Your accent seems to be fading in & out..."  He's still driving.  

"Look you fake-ass Spanish mf, stop the car and let me out"  
"Just a kiss"
"You gotta be kidding me"
"let me see your breasts and give me a kiss.  In my country they have the butt but not de breasts"  He pulls at my shirt.
So I noticed that we were headed for a red light.  He wouldn't stop the car but he slows down so much that I figure that I can jump out the car.  So I opened the car door.  He pulls my arm but from the angle that he was in he couldn't get a good grasp.  I slipped out as the car proceeded into a rolling stop.  Slammed the door behind me hoping to slam his fingers in and straight sprinted into the subway station.  Heels be damned!    
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 08, 2008, 01:58:41 PM »
Question 1: by "pass several drivers," do you mean taxis?
If not, Question 2: why on earth did you get into the car with a stranger?

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 08, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
Question 1: by "pass several drivers," do you mean taxis?
If not, Question 2: why on earth did you get into the car with a stranger?

my bad yeah I meant taxi drivers.  They were standing outside of their cars smoking and talking.   
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2008, 02:29:48 PM »
Ahhh OK.  Then yeah, that's a HAM.  Definitely one for the book.  You should have reported him.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 08, 2008, 02:54:09 PM »
HAM?

Reporting, eh, it's all about what you can prove.  Plus in all the excitement I had forgotten the cab #. 

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 08, 2008, 02:55:26 PM »
hot ass mess

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 08, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 08, 2008, 10:25:16 PM »
Columbia 3L