Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Great Moments in Public Transportation  (Read 12439 times)

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
Re: Great Moments in Public Transportation
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2008, 04:56:16 PM »
I've never even heard stories like those. I didn't know such people existed.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

AmericanGunner

• Sr. Citizen
  • Huge soccer fan, obviously...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2008, 05:09:08 PM »
Those kids who sell candy slay me.  At least they are honest--they aren't selling candy "for no basketball team.  I'm selling candy to keep some money in my pockets, so I can stay out of trouble."  Maybe you should go get a paper route or something.

I generally don't see anything gross on the train...but all last year while I was working (and taking the lexington ave trains) I'd see a fight/almost fight about once a week.  I'd always lower the volume on my ipod so I could a) be nosy and catch the jokes/laughs and b) figure out if I'd need to try and make a quick get away.  I remember this one WI lady pushing some other chick bc she claimed the other chic pushed her first.  Homegirl was scared out of her mind...no lie, big WI women are scary.

Then one time, my train went out of service because one of the smaller windows fell out and hit some woman upside her head.

That could work, but no one buys newspapers anymore. In he big cities, the delivery drivers are union, so you have to be someone's son to even get a delivery job.

I've got NYC subway stories myself:

I was once riding the L from 14th and 8th avenue, and I saw three guys pointing and laughing. I looked out the window and saw they were pointing at a homeless man who had pulled his pants down and was flashing his member to the world. It got even weirder when one of the laughing men whipped out his camera and took a picture...

And just in general, I love how New Yorkers try to pretend they don't notice the famous people and models when they're on the train...
"Please stop using obscenities in front of these people, or I'll be forced to thrash you."

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2008, 08:26:56 PM »
Girl talking to her friend but also talking on the phone.  “Yeah we F’d, girl.  Nah that n-word couldn’t hold it together.  Wait old up girl I gotta scratch -my p***y be itching sometimes.  [proceeds to take her hand and reach down in her pants and scratches for what seems like a whole minute]Yeah so as I was saying, she can have that n-word we already done f’d.…”

At that point I put on my headphones.

Oh hell f-ing no.  Horrible.  Nasty ass female dog.  She really said that ish?  What the hell???

Gyrl, yes my jaw hit the floor when she reached into her pants like it was nothing & kept it moving! 

Both of these stories are heartbreaking!  We have GOT to do better!

Exactly.  But I just thought of another story  :D

So I'm on the subway and this particular line I wasn't really used to taking but I digress. There's a young lady   woman female....no older than 21 with three children.  The assumption can be made that these are her kids not siblings.  She's wearing knock off prada and gucci with a bag that she probably bought from Canal Street (FYI I'm not knocking it- I also frequent Canal but I'm just giving you the overall picture).  This chick has some fake SWV nails that are multicolored and curve at the ends.  Gold earrings, gold bracelets up her arm, about 7 gold rings on both hands.  So she's pushing a stoller and waiting for the train to come as am I.  She's yelling at her kids to behave.  She's like a centimeter away from the track.  Finally the train comes and some professional looking black woman just kinda ran into the train right ahead of ghetto chick and sits down.  Mind you, there are PLENTY of seats on the train.  Ghetto chick is yelling at the top of her lungs that the other lady "cut her" and took the seat she wanted.  Now, she is not yelling directly at the woman but yelling at the whole train.  For about 4 stops this goes on until the professional lady got up and apologized (totally something that I would not do!).  This stops the ghetto chick for all of 3 seconds.  She goes on "I dont give a f**k.  You wait your turn.  She got right in front of me.  She see me with this damn stroller that I got my damn kids in [so I was right to assume that these were her kids].  She need to slow her role.  I don't give a s**t if all ya'll looking at me I'm gonna say WTF I wanna say.  F**k."        :o ::)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2008, 08:47:29 PM »
"I don't give a s**t if all ya'll looking at me I'm gonna say WTF I wanna say.  F**k."

lmao, although I'm SMHing, I think we all have at least one friend who has adopted this as her life outlook.

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2008, 11:06:42 PM »
"I don't give a s**t if all ya'll looking at me I'm gonna say WTF I wanna say.  F**k."

lmao, although I'm SMHing, I think we all have at least one friend who has adopted this as her life outlook.

Friends and relatives. SMH.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2008, 12:10:06 AM »

so true
Columbia 3L

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2008, 10:49:11 AM »

so true

yeah unfortunately

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2008, 11:05:42 AM »
I guess I've just never had personal contact with these types. I've seen milder versions...
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2008, 11:18:50 AM »
Man, being from NY I got plenty of these.  I gave you guys the mild tales.   The work route  (early morning & 3-6pm) provides mild humor daily.  But the hanging out crew (Friday/Saturdays 9 pm-until) is a bit over the top.  Never a dull moment.

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »
Outside my window yesterday, some guy left his Gyro stand's grill on, and was waiting in traffic on northern over by queens plaza north under the elevated train.  It was basically a trailer of flame when he noticed it.  Hilarity and traffic ensued.