JUST GOT A CALL FROM CRAIG JANECEK!

SCK2008

• View Profile
Re: JUST GOT A CALL FROM CRAIG JANECEK!
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2008, 05:55:02 PM »
Color me invested.  Noobs unite!

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2008, 05:59:01 PM »
Congrats on the acceptance!  That's so awesome!

As someone who is still anxiously waiting on YLS (and let me say, I think it's making me go a little bit nuts - seriously), I just want to ask, if you don't mind, a few questions:

1. When did you submit/go complete?
2. Did you get the deferral e-mail saying you would be either accepted or WL?  If so when?
3. What are your stats?  Any interesting soft factors?

Thanks so much!

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2008, 06:03:11 PM »
Congrats on the acceptance!  That's so awesome!

As someone who is still anxiously waiting on YLS (and let me say, I think it's making me go a little bit nuts - seriously), I just want to ask, if you don't mind, a few questions:

2. Did you get the deferral e-mail saying you would be either accepted or WL?  If so when?
3. What are your stats?  Any interesting soft factors?

Thanks so much!

Well you got in to HLS! I am still waiting on them:) Would you pick YLS over HLS? I went complete on Feb 1st, I didn't get any sort of deferring emails prior to this call.

I'll PM the rest of the info to you.

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 06:07:16 PM »
I haven't read the thread, and I don't mean to be harsh, but you do realize it takes at least 300 or 400 posts for us to become emotionally invested in your cycle?  At this point, it's like the death of an extra in a war movie.

Sorry.  Best of luck to you, but I couldn't care less.   :P

I like how your LSN do not exist when you click on the link.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 06:09:55 PM »
I haven't read the thread, and I don't mean to be harsh, but you do realize it takes at least 300 or 400 posts for us to become emotionally invested in your cycle?  At this point, it's like the death of an extra in a war movie.

That's the "being invested" part of regulars.  I haven't been around for months and even I know Wally's LSN by heart.

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 06:11:08 PM »

That's the "being invested" part of regulars.  I haven't been around for months and even I know Wally's LSN by heart.

Never seen Wally around before. hmmm I wonder why haha.

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 07:11:34 PM »
Congrats on the acceptance!  That's so awesome!

2. Did you get the deferral e-mail saying you would be either accepted or WL?  If so when?
3. What are your stats?  Any interesting soft factors?

Thanks so much!

Well you got in to HLS! I am still waiting on them:) Would you pick YLS over HLS? I went complete on Feb 1st, I didn't get any sort of deferring emails prior to this call.

I'll PM the rest of the info to you.

Thanks so much!  I'd really appreciate the PM whenever you get the chance.  And I'm sure you will hear from HLS with good news very soon, given that you've already gotten into YLS.  Personally, while I think they're both excellent schools and I really, really loved HLS when I visited, I would probably pick YLS over it - that is, if I'm accepted.  ;)   

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:35:45 PM »

lol
I like it when wally gets feisty.  :D

etz: Hi MBW! you can be gone months and we'll still heart you :)

Aw, you're so sweet (though I heard Penny has a patent on that, so we should keep it too ourselves.)  Back from the sugar-sand beaches of Phucket?  Forget law school for the year and come hang out with me in Geneva.  We'll stage a coup at the UN or knock over a Swiss bank or two.  Hang out with Al Gore at Davos, save the planet.

mbw

• TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2008, 08:51:20 AM »

Aw, you're so sweet (though I heard Penny has a patent on that, so we should keep it too ourselves.)  Back from the sugar-sand beaches of Phucket?  Forget law school for the year and come hang out with me in Geneva.  We'll stage a coup at the UN or knock over a Swiss bank or two.  Hang out with Al Gore at Davos, save the planet.

Am back. sadly. dirty-snowed toronto has nothing on white-sand Phuket.

and done. agreed. I will see you in Europe. I think this is a better option (I mean, really, I am a master of disguise) ;) how've you been?

Ewww, I remember dirty, melting (and refreezing) March snow in Maine - April is even worse.  We left San Diego last week to return to Monterey, and the weather's been gorgeous (cold at night, but warm during the day.)  I'm checking out the Bay area schools next week, then I think we'll head up the coast for a month or two, before heading east (I want to see GW and GULC again before departing for Europe.)  I'll probably fly back to Monterey to take the June LSAT.  I guess if I blow it again, there's no reason to return from Yrup any time soon, neh?

Are you happy with your how your cycle is turning out?  Any preferences at this point?  (hey, we Canadians (well, pseudo-Canadian in my case) successfully hijacked this thread.  Je me souviens!)

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2008, 12:47:20 PM »

Am back. sadly. dirty-snowed toronto has nothing on white-sand Phuket.

and done. agreed. I will see you in Europe. I think this is a better option (I mean, really, I am a master of disguise) ;) how've you been?

Ewww, I remember dirty, melting (and refreezing) March snow in Maine - April is even worse.  We left San Diego last week to return to Monterey, and the weather's been gorgeous (cold at night, but warm during the day.)  I'm checking out the Bay area schools next week, then I think we'll head up the coast for a month or two, before heading east (I want to see GW and GULC again before departing for Europe.)  I'll probably fly back to Monterey to take the June LSAT.  I guess if I blow it again, there's no reason to return from Yrup any time soon, neh?

Are you happy with your how your cycle is turning out?  Any preferences at this point?  (hey, we Canadians (well, pseudo-Canadian in my case) successfully hijacked this thread.  Je me souviens!)

Interesting