Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind...  (Read 529400 times)

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: The "You think you're soooooo clever" thread
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2004, 12:45:55 PM »
Hey!  The Drudgereport is the more reliable site on the internet!!!

Are you sure about the time portion?  I also have heard about sending before 2:36, but before the second Friday rather than the third Tuesday.

No I swear...that Friday rule is just part of all that bull you read on some wierd internet world wide web site...they don't know what the hell they're talking about on those things.  As long as its in well before the big hump of that third week and you're good...if they don't get it until AFTER that afternoon coffee break on Tuesday though, you're totally screwed.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2004, 12:48:05 PM »
i went to an IVY, and i can tell you that at my IVY school's law school (which is IVY), the admissions committee would close their eyes and put their finger on your transcript.  whatever semester their finger landed on, that term's GPA would be the one they used for admissions purposes.  but if you went to an IVY, they automatically assigned you a 4.0, because everyone knows IVY is better.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

dr_draino

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2004, 12:49:44 PM »
It's finally getting a little cooler here in NC.  In the lower 70's today.  Unfortunately, it's still a little warm for the black coffe-house turtle neck sweater I'm wearing....

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2004, 12:50:25 PM »
I can't argue with this NigerianG... I mean Pookie.

i went to an IVY, and i can tell you that at my IVY school's law school (which is IVY), the admissions committee would close their eyes and put their finger on your transcript. whatever semester their finger landed on, that term's GPA would be the one they used for admissions purposes. but if you went to an IVY, they automatically assigned you a 4.0, because everyone knows IVY is better.

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2004, 12:50:52 PM »
i went to an IVY, and i can tell you that at my IVY school's law school (which is IVY), the admissions committee would close their eyes and put their finger on your transcript.  whatever semester their finger landed on, that term's GPA would be the one they used for admissions purposes.  but if you went to an IVY, they automatically assigned you a 4.0, because everyone knows IVY is better.

The best part is that you missed that whole thread until the end...

;D :D

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2004, 12:52:05 PM »
me?  i read the whole thing though! :)  that's why i couldn't post until page 16.  you guys wrote 5 pages while i was reading!
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2004, 12:57:43 PM »
As mean as it got, it was definitely fun.  I didnt' want to tear myself away from that thread to go to bed.  I feel like I missed a bunch.  :-\

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2004, 12:59:02 PM »
Yes, it was a good time.

I like how she changed her name to "EliteBitch" not "ElitistBitch".

As mean as it got, it was definitely fun.  I didnt' want to tear myself away from that thread to go to bed.  I feel like I missed a bunch.  :-\

inthesun

« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2004, 12:59:27 PM »
I heard through a friend that they really don't look at that LSAC gpa, that it's all a hoax,

Faye Deal from Stanford said she most definitely looks at the Ugrad gpa, and so do many other schools.  

lazybum

« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2004, 01:00:52 PM »
I can't believe I'm about to participate in the hijacking of my own thread... <sigh>

To what thread are you guys referring?

Yes, it was a good time.

I like how she changed her name to "EliteBitch" not "ElitistBitch".

As mean as it got, it was definitely fun. I didnt' want to tear myself away from that thread to go to bed. I feel like I missed a bunch. :-\