Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: just an old sweet song keeps Georgia on my mind...  (Read 523322 times)

dr_draino

Re: Thread Hijackers Lose Control... mwahahaha
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2004, 12:33:47 PM »
So not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if any of you took the LSAT this past Saturday?  If so, did you found your answer distribution to be 13.2% E and 31.2% D?  I thought that was pretty strange because in all my practice tests, I'd been getting a lot more Ds than Es, and I'd never seen the E, A, B, A, A, D combo that I cot in the middle of the reading comp.  I felt really solid, but these patterns really had me nervous, plus the only 100 questions thing.  Overall, what did you think of it?  I thought reading comp. was a little hard and the games were a little easy.  Good Luck!

I did get the right amount of "Bs" though...right on my standard 29.8% from practice tests...but I may have mis-counted one.  Either way, that's still within the error range of number of B answers I usually had on my practice tests.  I hope LSAC isn't just trying to @#!* with us with all those extra Ds this time.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: PS & LOR advice for inclement Chicago weather... mwahahaha
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2004, 12:34:55 PM »
so the changing name of the thread really confused me when i saw it in the "unread replies to your posts."  i was pretty sure i'd never posted on a thread about PS advice for cold weather :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2004, 12:35:38 PM »
Regarding letters, does anyone one have one or more grades on their transcript that have just killed their GPA?  I have two Cs on mine, one in Geology and one in Oceanography.  Gosh I wish I could take those back...

So not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if any of you took the LSAT this past Saturday?  If so, did you found your answer distribution to be 13.2% E and 31.2% D?  I thought that was pretty strange because in all my practice tests, I'd been getting a lot more Ds than Es, and I'd never seen the E, A, B, A, A, D combo that I cot in the middle of the reading comp.  I felt really solid, but these patterns really had me nervous, plus the only 100 questions thing.  Overall, what did you think of it?  I thought reading comp. was a little hard and the games were a little easy.  Good Luck!

I did get the right amount of "Bs" though...right on my standard 29.8% from practice tests...but I may have mis-counted one. Either way, that's still within the error range of number of B answers I usually had on my practice tests. I hope LSAC isn't just trying to @#!* with us with all those extra Ds this time.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2004, 12:36:48 PM »
i have one quarter that kills mine.  2.8 :(  without it, i'd have a 3.9 instead of a 3.8.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2004, 12:37:30 PM »
Groan. If I could get rid of the Cs on my transcript, I'd have a 3.something. And only about half the grades that I needed to graduate.

Regarding letters, does anyone one have more or more grades on their transcript that has just killed their GPA?  I have two Cs on mine, one in Geology and one in Oceanography.  Gosh I wish I could take those back...

So not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering if any of you took the LSAT this past Saturday?  If so, did you found your answer distribution to be 13.2% E and 31.2% D?  I thought that was pretty strange because in all my practice tests, I'd been getting a lot more Ds than Es, and I'd never seen the E, A, B, A, A, D combo that I cot in the middle of the reading comp.  I felt really solid, but these patterns really had me nervous, plus the only 100 questions thing.  Overall, what did you think of it?  I thought reading comp. was a little hard and the games were a little easy.  Good Luck!

I did get the right amount of "Bs" though...right on my standard 29.8% from practice tests...but I may have mis-counted one. Either way, that's still within the error range of number of B answers I usually had on my practice tests. I hope LSAC isn't just trying to @#!* with us with all those extra Ds this time.

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2004, 12:38:33 PM »
Yeah, I have one below 3.0 semester that has just killed me.  I wish I had studied more my freshman year, rather than join every organization on Earth and party every Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

i have one quarter that kills mine. 2.8 :( without it, i'd have a 3.9 instead of a 3.8.

dr_draino

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2004, 12:41:10 PM »
I heard through a friend that they really don't look at that LSAC gpa, that it's all a hoax, but he did say (and this guy's a great source...his brother's best friend was a student worker in the U. of Idaho admission office his second semester there as an undergrad 10 years ago) that in order for them to look past bad grades in an Earth Science course you might want to either

1)  Get your application in no later than 2:36 pm the third Tuesday after they start accepting apps.

or

2)  Take a PHYSICAL science course and do better, cause they know these are harder, BUT DON'T DO IT AT A CC!!!  They hate community colleges on your record

Regarding letters, does anyone one have more or more grades on their transcript that has just killed their GPA?  I have two Cs on mine, one in Geology and one in Oceanography.  Gosh I wish I could take those back...

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Are you sure about the time portion?  I also have heard about sending before 2:36, but before the second Friday rather than the third Tuesday.

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
You're both confused. It's 2:38:36.

EKC

Are you sure about the time portion?  I also have heard about sending before 2:36, but before the second Friday rather than the third Tuesday.

dr_draino

No I swear...that Friday rule is just part of all that bull you read on some wierd internet world wide web site...they don't know what the hell they're talking about on those things.  As long as its in well before the big hump of that third week and you're good...if they don't get it until AFTER that afternoon coffee break on Tuesday though, you're totally screwed.