Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hofstra Jumps in the rankings  (Read 1965 times)

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hofstra Jumps in the rankings
« on: March 25, 2008, 11:42:47 PM »
All the way to No. 98!

I got wait listed there, this may make me want to go there if I get off the wait list.

Anyone else going?

Viking Quest

• View Profile
Re: Hofstra Jumps in the rankings
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2008, 04:05:38 PM »
Hofstra also leads the second tier in big state governors.

Soft Factors

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
Hofstra also leads the second tier in big state governors.

And the country in legally blind ones.
Hofstra '10

Danielg1414

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:00 PM »
Long Island is a great place to settle (I grew up there) BUT cost of living is a bit high. either way, given what I've seen from your info, I'd suggest you go there.

Danielg1414

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 09:48:34 PM »
Actually- your GPA is solid- u think of retaking LSAT and waiting a year to reapply??

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 02:50:40 PM »
All the way to No. 98!

I got wait listed there, this may make me want to go there if I get off the wait list.

Anyone else going?

I was accepted. I am withdrawing. Hopefully, you get my spot. GL.

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2008, 12:52:26 AM »
Actually- your GPA is solid- u think of retaking LSAT and waiting a year to reapply??

Meh...I don't really want to take a year off, I don't think I have the patience. I'm going to try and tough it out wherever I Get in and try to transfer after doing really well.

A lot of people think it's risky to attempt this approach, but having confidence in your abilities and going for your dreams is more important than what some people say on some message board. It IS hard to transfer, but I think whats more important is how you approach it and how you handle yourself at school.

laurenac

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2008, 01:08:47 AM »

Meh...I don't really want to take a year off, I don't think I have the patience. I'm going to try and tough it out wherever I Get in and try to transfer after doing really well.

A lot of people think it's risky to attempt this approach, but having confidence in your abilities and going for your dreams is more important than what some people say on some message board. It IS hard to transfer, but I think whats more important is how you approach it and how you handle yourself at school.

I'm in a similar situation. Our numbers are almost identical. I am seriously considering taking a year off and retaking the LSAT this Oct.

I breezed through undergrad and never really developed any study habits. Hence, my lack of prep for the LSAT. I think it may be best to remedy this situation before beginning law. First semester is supposed to be the most important, right?

TJCCARDCO

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 12:44:33 AM »
I think it really depends. The first year at your school is intended to make connections and supposed to help you later in your law career.  That's what I read anyway.

I have a few friends who have transferred. One of my friends got accepted to Seton Hall and Rutgers-Newark last year, but decided to go to Thomas Jefferson because, he wanted to "get away."

He's now trying feverishly to get them to accept him again, and noticed he made a mistake. But, he did really well and got almost all A's, plus he had a really good undergrad GPA.

I think it's all up to what you want to do, if you get into the top 5-10% at any school, u can pretty much transfer where you want. Right now, as it stands, I'm going to Roger Williams University. But, if I get into Suffolk, NESL or Rutgers, I'm going there. It's just the waiting game.

I'm not letting it bother me anymore though.

Good luck.