Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Has anyone visited UNLV?  (Read 804 times)

MikeBZ

• View Profile
Has anyone visited UNLV?
« on: March 25, 2008, 03:24:30 PM »
I applied there for law school and now that i've had a few rejections, i'm strongly considering vegas.

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Has anyone visited UNLV?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:29:08 AM »
I am actually a senior at UNLV, and taking a hybrid poly sci/law course in the moot courtroom at Boyd.  I don't know that I can answer specifics about the law program, but I am certainly a good person to ask about the facilities or Vegas as a whole. 

MikeBZ

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »
Hey Rebelfan, mind telling me what the cost of living like out there in vegas? Thanks.

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2008, 02:44:16 PM »
No problem at all.  Depending on what you are looking for, costs can vary greatly (of course).  You can find a one bedroom apartment very near campus for somewhere between 700-900.  I absolutely recommend living a bit further away from campus, if possible.  The campus itself is pretty nice, but the immediate surrounding area is fairly slummy.  You can get a one bedroom apartment in the Southwest, or Southeast for 850-1050, and I would definitely recommend that.  Two bedrooms will only cost you about 150-200 more per month.  I would suggest staying away from the Northwest as it is very pricey.  The Southwest is rapidly expanding area, and with the massive housing burst here recently, I would definitely advise finding a place in that area.  Please feel free to ask anything else!

whartonn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 11:28:04 PM »
I applied there for law school and now that i've had a few rejections, i'm strongly considering vegas.

I visited their satellite campus at the Bellagio  :D

vegasdood

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 02:07:03 PM »
Green Valley/Henderson is also very popular.