Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT moving to computer test?  (Read 703 times)

carnodel

• My Friends, me, and Steve Nash
    • View Profile
LSAT moving to computer test?
« on: March 24, 2008, 06:41:11 PM »
What do you think the odds are that the LSAT will be moving from a paper-based test to the computer?

How long do you think if ever will it take for the LSAT to be given on a computer like the MCAT?
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.
- Bill Hicks

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
Re: LSAT moving to computer test?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 06:43:49 PM »
My understanding is that 2004 was the goal. Now it's not being seriously considered for any time in the next five years.
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret

carnodel

• My Friends, me, and Steve Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 06:56:37 PM »
Do you think it will change the dynamic of the test? 

How will they be so anal-retentive about the rules of the exam if everyone is on a computer?
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.
- Bill Hicks

just some guy

• Sr. Citizen
  • WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »
Do you think it will change the dynamic of the test? 

How will they be so anal-retentive about the rules of the exam if everyone is on a computer?

There are several good papers on this topic on lsacnet.org
I have courted the fire for a very long time, and many sparks have flown in the past, but [this post] speaks, finally, the language of the flame itself.
with apologies to Keith Jarret