Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I would give you my spot if I could...  (Read 446 times)

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I would give you my spot if I could...
« on: March 24, 2008, 01:02:41 PM »
Has anyone heard of a person making a concerted effort to persuade withdrawing applicants from one's target school to include an extra sentence or two in their withdrawal letter suggesting that the school admit a specific person currently on the waitlist?

I imagine the effect would be negligible, but I am starting to think that I will probably need something to catch the adcomm's attention in the sea of 166s awaiting a decision at WUSTL.  Any thoughts?  Anyone want to participate in this experiment? =)

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: I would give you my spot if I could...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »
They would probably laugh. Although the might actually look at the applicant's file just to see who it is. So who knows.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

Calypso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 03:39:40 PM »
I'd be happy to participate in the experiment if anyone wants any of my spots!

On that note...How exactly do you phase a letter notifying a school you are withdrawing your application?

"I'm writing to withdraw my application"???
"I'm writing to inform you I don't plan to attend XXX"???
"I'm writing to turn down my admission to XXX"???

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 03:55:44 PM »
They would probably laugh. Although the might actually look at the applicant's file just to see who it is. So who knows.

That's what I figured.  If they received several letters like this, at least it would show that the person really interested in attending their school and took the initiative to get noticed.  If anyone is planning to withdraw from WUSTL and wants to participate in this experiment, let me know. =)

MissNatalie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 04:36:05 PM »
I think this idea is brilliant, I have a few spots I'd be willing to recommend people for.
Class of 2011