Law School Discussion

Penn v. Northwestern

Re: Penn v. Northwestern
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:44:09 PM »
Not to start an argument with anyone, but NU Law is across the street from Lake Michigan, three blocks away from Magnificent Mile, and walking distance from the Navy Pier.  In short, it's a pretty good location.

You have two great options; don't make a decision solely based on USNews Ranking.  Visit both schools and get a feel for the environment.  Different people fit in differently.

Lastly, as far as prestige goes, unless you are talking about YHS, there's not significant drop off among the T14 schools.

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2008, 04:33:15 PM »
Definitely biased, but that's what we do here. I'm from fairly near to penn, and I looked hard at both schools about 6 months ago. I decided not to even apply to penn. I just got a bad feeling about it, and I heard a number of bad things about the law school, the administration, and the types of students it attracts. I could have been misled.

Yes, I know that the northwestern law school is in downtown chicago. Have you been there? It's pretty sweet, and is located in the nicest part of an amazing city.

would you mind expanding on what types of things you heard about penn? i visited both schools but couldn't really get a strong enough feel for the school to know which school i'd rather go to...

does anyone know how big of effect the ivy league name has? i'm not really sure how important it is. my deadline is tuesday and im totally lost!! when i visited philly i thought it was a nice town and everything but i was also only there for half a day...??

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2008, 05:38:46 PM »
As a Penn student I think the student body is a strong point, but I guess you could argue either way.  One thing I don't understand is Cookie talking bad about the administration.  The admin might be Penn's strongest point - they really are phenomenal.

bruinbro

• B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 04:38:56 PM »

Penn:
+Philly is a very nice town

LOLZ.  Thanks for the laugh, I needed that.  Philly is hardly a nice town.

Philly is an awful town. Nevertheless, OP should choose Penn