Law School Discussion

W&L ASD: Bringing your significant others along

W&L ASD: Bringing your significant others along
« on: March 24, 2008, 12:53:07 AM »
Greetings W&L asders,

Are any of you bringing your significant other to the ASD(03/28-29)?
I know guests are allowed(according to the ASD invitation), but is it normally acceptable to bring your gf/bf/wife/husband?

Just curious.
Best

FB

• View Profile
Re: W&L ASD: Bringing your significant others along
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 09:28:07 AM »
Greetings W&L asders,

Are any of you bringing your significant other to the ASD(03/28-29)?
I know guests are allowed(according to the ASD invitation), but is it normally acceptable to bring your gf/bf/wife/husband?

Just curious.
Best

I don't think it's that big of a deal to bring your SO. There have been a lot of SOs at the ASDs I've been to. Also, W&L just put up the schedule for this weekend's events, so you might want to check that out to see if it's something your SO wants to sit through.

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »
My mom wanted to come so I'm bringing her along to this one.

Samson, B.

• GPA: 3.38 LSAT: 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:18:00 PM »
My mother, father, and gf are actually all making the trip down with me though I don't believe any of the three will be attending any of the events, they basically just want to see the campus and the town (and get to travel a little bit South and enjoy what is most likely going to be nicer weather). My father never attended college (went straight from HS to a steel mill) and really loves getting to tour schools and see where his children are attending. He attended a Case Western ASD with my sister about 7 years ago and sat in a class with her-- to this day he still talks about how much he enjoyed it.

From what I've gathered its completely acceptable to bring a guest if you so desire. I like the fact that I'll have another perspective on the school from people who know me well. Like I said before I'll most likely be attending the events by myself while my family checks out Lexington, but I expect to see a lot of people with guests at the functions.

When I toured WUSTL last week one of the other admitted students taking the tour who sat in on the class I sat in on had his mother with him, and it didn't seem like anybody thought it was out of the ordinary.

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 12:08:17 AM »
This is good to know.
I just want my SO to feel comfortable. I'd hate it if she was the ony guest there.