Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: W&L ASD: Bringing your significant others along  (Read 652 times)

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
W&L ASD: Bringing your significant others along
« on: March 24, 2008, 02:53:07 AM »
Greetings W&L asders,

Are any of you bringing your significant other to the ASD(03/28-29)?
I know guests are allowed(according to the ASD invitation), but is it normally acceptable to bring your gf/bf/wife/husband?

Just curious.
Best

FB

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: W&L ASD: Bringing your significant others along
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
Greetings W&L asders,

Are any of you bringing your significant other to the ASD(03/28-29)?
I know guests are allowed(according to the ASD invitation), but is it normally acceptable to bring your gf/bf/wife/husband?

Just curious.
Best

I don't think it's that big of a deal to bring your SO. There have been a lot of SOs at the ASDs I've been to. Also, W&L just put up the schedule for this weekend's events, so you might want to check that out to see if it's something your SO wants to sit through.

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 02:55:57 PM »
My mom wanted to come so I'm bringing her along to this one.

Samson, B.

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.38 LSAT: 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
My mother, father, and gf are actually all making the trip down with me though I don't believe any of the three will be attending any of the events, they basically just want to see the campus and the town (and get to travel a little bit South and enjoy what is most likely going to be nicer weather). My father never attended college (went straight from HS to a steel mill) and really loves getting to tour schools and see where his children are attending. He attended a Case Western ASD with my sister about 7 years ago and sat in a class with her-- to this day he still talks about how much he enjoyed it.

From what I've gathered its completely acceptable to bring a guest if you so desire. I like the fact that I'll have another perspective on the school from people who know me well. Like I said before I'll most likely be attending the events by myself while my family checks out Lexington, but I expect to see a lot of people with guests at the functions.

When I toured WUSTL last week one of the other admitted students taking the tour who sat in on the class I sat in on had his mother with him, and it didn't seem like anybody thought it was out of the ordinary.
Vanderbilt University Law School Class of 2011 (and proud!)

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 02:08:17 AM »
This is good to know.
I just want my SO to feel comfortable. I'd hate it if she was the ony guest there.