Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2009 USNWR Rankings: Predictions  (Read 9103 times)

1LMan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: 2009 USNWR Rankings: Predictions
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 04:11:22 PM »
GW will once again be within the T20, LSAC data pretty much assures this.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 04:23:09 PM »
My prediction: Only insecure LSD posters will actually care about the 2009 USWR rankings and for the most part, the general public could give a rat's a$$.

The general public has no reason to give a *&^%...

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 04:34:30 PM »
tulane moves into T12 due to botbot's nonstop tulane trolling.

A boy can dream, can't he?
Tulane c/o 2011

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 05:49:33 PM »
Did YoYoDawg delete his post only to be caught by TMs quote job?

And that's still a pretty defensive answer. Lighten up Francis.

I didn't delete it. I have no idea where it went. 

But back to the point. WTF does it matter what the 2009 USNWR is? So what if your school moves up 6 spots or moves down 5? Employers still don't care. They do care about where you went to school. But not so much that a new USNWR ranking will effect their thoughts. (I can see them now "Oh Stanford moved back to number 3. Their graduates must be absolute crap. Don't hire any more of them." Right...)

Where you went to school and what your class rank was at school are all that matters. And a new USNWR ranking by your school won't help or hurt you in the least bit for the foreseeable future. (if there's a steady downward trend over a few years, then maybe...but for the most part, it's not going to effect anyone)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 05:59:13 PM »

But back to the point. WTF does it matter what the 2009 USNWR is? So what if your school moves up 6 spots or moves down 5? Employers still don't care. They do care about where you went to school. But not so much that a new USNWR ranking will effect their thoughts. (I can see them now "Oh Stanford moved back to number 3. Their graduates must be absolute crap. Don't hire any more of them." Right...)

Where you went to school and what your class rank was at school are all that matters. And a new USNWR ranking by your school won't help or hurt you in the least bit for the foreseeable future. (if there's a steady downward trend over a few years, then maybe...but for the most part, it's not going to effect anyone)

What are you even trying to say?  USNWR is like March Madness; it's fun for all of us to observe & comment, and we like to see our favorite schools do well.

Nobody is on here talking about their jobs being predicated on a single ranking spot.  You're no fun.

TITCR.
Lighten up Francis.
Air Force JAG Corps

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 06:01:45 PM »

What are you even trying to say?  USNWR is like March Madness; it's fun for all of us to observe & comment, and we like to see our favorite schools do well.

Nobody is on here talking about their jobs being predicated on a single ranking spot.  You're no fun.

TITCR.
Lighten up Francis.

I will. But I don't like nobody touching me.

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 09:26:41 AM »
So my local Borders here actually has the 09 rankings, but can't put them out until the 1st. Going to go back today and talk to my buddy who works there and see if I can get a peek...

BearlyLegal

• LSD Obsessed
  • And the greatest threat to America is... Bears!!!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Newjoetm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2008, 09:37:02 AM »
So my local Borders here actually has the 09 rankings, but can't put them out until the 1st. Going to go back today and talk to my buddy who works there and see if I can get a peek...

Special request - check GW
Also check BU, BC, Fordham, and Tulane Plz! TY. ;)

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2008, 10:09:21 AM »
Will try to get to Borders today and see if my buddy can give me a peek at the stockroom...

familyman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2008, 10:25:33 AM »
stotan - it's not about you brother, it's about the greater good...