Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Florida Waitlist  (Read 2409 times)

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Florida Waitlist
« on: March 23, 2008, 12:55:26 PM »
Got a letter from UF yesterday informing me that all the offers for the Fall 2008 class had already been extended, and that I have the option of going on a waitlist. Anyone else with a similar letter? I thought I was pretty good with my LSAT and UF undergrad, but alas.
Tulane c/o 2011

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Waitlist
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:58:50 PM »
Oh crap. I was really hoping for UF. I have not gotten this letter yet, maybe Monday.

Are you waitlisting?

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 01:06:56 PM »
I don't think I'll put myself on the waitlist. I was leaning towards Tulane anyways, and I think this pretty much seals the deal.
Tulane c/o 2011

BBIH

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:08:13 PM »
I'm in the same boat....I was pretty pissed off yesterday, I'm not gonna' lie. But hey, it happens. I'll call the school and ask them some questions this week but I doubt that I'll get a spot. Does anyone know how the waitlist process works?

jalex519

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 09:41:03 PM »
I'm in the wait list boat as well  :-\
2L and counting...

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 02:47:02 AM »
As an added bonus, it appears that (according to LSN) I have the highest LSAT of anyone to have gotten something other than acceptance this cycle. Ain't that a kick in the pants.
Tulane c/o 2011

BBIH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 10:48:18 AM »
I feel like--even though I don't have any evidence to back this up--that UF is really trying to bump up its numbers this year. That might explain the late decisions.  :-\

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 02:13:56 PM »
As an added bonus, it appears that (according to LSN) I have the highest LSAT of anyone to have gotten something other than acceptance this cycle. Ain't that a kick in the pants.

Probably because of that less than stellar 3.03 GPA. You're nowhere near even the bottom 25 percentile of their GPA.

Be happy with Tulane and their money. Its a better school anyway.

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 03:05:16 PM »
I don't think I'll put myself on the waitlist. I was leaning towards Tulane anyways, and I think this pretty much seals the deal.

I'm sorry to hear that :( But Tulane is awesome. And I think everyone knows that New Orleans > Gainesville.

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 04:07:02 PM »

Probably because of that less than stellar 3.03 GPA. You're nowhere near even the bottom 25 percentile of their GPA.

Be happy with Tulane and their money. Its a better school anyway.

I'm definitely happy about the Tulane $$, but going strictly by the numbers I had a fairly good shot at admission. I'm well aware of the fact that my GPA is nothing to rave over.
Tulane c/o 2011