Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Florida Waitlist  (Read 2456 times)

SteelersandGators

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Waitlist
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 04:45:28 PM »
I don't think I'll put myself on the waitlist. I was leaning towards Tulane anyways, and I think this pretty much seals the deal.

I'm sorry to hear that :( But Tulane is awesome. And I think everyone except for SteelersandGators knows that New Orleans > Gainesville.

Fixed it for ya  :D
UVA Law Class of 2011

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 05:14:01 PM »
I don't think I'll put myself on the waitlist. I was leaning towards Tulane anyways, and I think this pretty much seals the deal.

I'm sorry to hear that :( But Tulane is awesome. And I think everyone except for SteelersandGators knows that New Orleans > Gainesville.

Fixed it for ya  :D

Hey, I'm as much a hardcore gator as anyone, but stinabee sure does have a point.
Tulane c/o 2011

stinabee

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 05:27:24 PM »
My point was--New Orleans will be a nice change of pace, especially for someone that has already spent 4 years in Gainesville. When you live here awhile, you kind of get burned out of the college town feel.

And when it comes down to it, Tulane and Florida are both great schools! We're set:)

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 05:38:15 PM »
My point was--New Orleans will be a nice change of pace, especially for someone that has already spent 4 years in Gainesville. When you live here awhile, you kind of get burned out of the college town feel.

And when it comes down to it, Tulane and Florida are both great schools! We're set:)

I'm definitely feeling major Gainesville fatigue. Same bars, same people, etc. Nothing against the town or the school (I absolutely love UF), but a change is just what I need at the moment.
Tulane c/o 2011

CoupDeGlace

• Sr. Citizen
  • Les Canadiens sont l!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 05:47:06 PM »

I'm definitely feeling major Gainesville fatigue. Same bars, same people, etc. Nothing against the town or the school (I absolutely love UF), but a change is just what I need at the moment.

You got a very nice scholarship to Tulane... since I'm still waiting on Tulane but got accepted to UF today, I just wanted to say that that would make things realllly difficult for me. OK, I'd definitely go with Tulane.  ;D

It may seem astonishing, but it happens; I've really learned not to be shocked at anything that happens in the law school app cycle, because you can get in places where you never expected and get rejected or WL at places where you thought you were set at.

Consider this a divine sign that you're meant to be in NOLA.  :D
UF 2011

yoyodawg

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 05:52:21 PM »
As an added bonus, it appears that (according to LSN) I have the highest LSAT of anyone to have gotten something other than acceptance this cycle. Ain't that a kick in the pants.

Probably because of that less than stellar 3.03 GPA. You're nowhere near even the bottom 25 percentile of their GPA.

Be happy with Tulane and their money. Its a better school anyway.

I'm definitely happy about the Tulane $$, but going strictly by the numbers I had a fairly good shot at admission. I'm well aware of the fact that my GPA is nothing to rave over.

Take the money and run man. Nola's a good town. Go to the Balcony Bar on Magazine as soon as you can.

sinkfloridasink

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 10:02:47 PM »
As an added bonus, it appears that (according to LSN) I have the highest LSAT of anyone to have gotten something other than acceptance this cycle. Ain't that a kick in the pants.

Probably because of that less than stellar 3.03 GPA. You're nowhere near even the bottom 25 percentile of their GPA.

Be happy with Tulane and their money. Its a better school anyway.

I'm definitely happy about the Tulane $$, but going strictly by the numbers I had a fairly good shot at admission. I'm well aware of the fact that my GPA is nothing to rave over.

Take the money and run man. Nola's a good town. Go to the Balcony Bar on Magazine as soon as you can.

That's what I'm thinking. I'm not about to wait around all Summer waiting to get in off of a waitlist when I've got a perfectly awesome offer at a comparable school (and a lot of people would say it's a better school).

I will be in NOLA next weekend for the 4/4 ASD, so I will be at the bars sooner rather than later. I've been up and down Bourbon St., and I've been to The Boot; I've heard good things about the Balcony Bar, so I'll have to check that out when I'm up there.
Tulane c/o 2011

BBIH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 10:44:44 PM »
Ahh yes, good ole' Gainesville. I've been here for the past four years too. You know what I'll miss the most the next month and a half before graduation? The absolutely beautiful weather and campus.

As someone already mentioned, I think we should all take it as a supernatural sign that we are destined to be elsewhere (unless we actually by some miracle get off the waitlist :-D).

good luck to everyone.