Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cardozo 90k / W & L 45k / BU  (Read 1160 times)

ChangedMan

• View Profile
Re: Cardozo 90k / W & L 45k / BU
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 08:33:46 PM »
Any thoughts on BU full tuition over the other two? I have no undergrad debt.

Pmass322

• AOL Instant Messenger - Da10ispro322
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 10:43:47 PM »
I am a W&L troll, but my honest opinion would be that W&L=BU when it comes to job opportunities in the NYC area.  Therefore, I don't see why you would pay full price for something you could get cheaper at W&L, not to mention that your living expenses in Lexington will be drastically cheaper than they would be in Boston.
W&L Law Class of 2009

Here's how my admission cycle went:
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pmass322

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 01:24:28 AM »
W&L Trolls are most certainly welcome. I'm an athletic and recreational kind of guy. I played lacrosse in college and would love to pick up intramural lacrosse/hockey/football w/e to help pass some time and blow off some stress in law school. I know there's a ton of partying but there also seems like there are some good recreational opportunities and although I like to party once and awhile, sports comes first in my book!

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2008, 02:25:20 PM »
OK I think I'm going to rule BU off the list (I'm not going to tell W&L that). I've met and spoke with several former BU grades who all regretted going there over some of their other choices. They also pointed out the ridiculous cost of living piling on debt.

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2008, 02:26:17 PM »
I am a W&L troll, but my honest opinion would be that W&L=BU when it comes to job opportunities in the NYC area. 

Martindale lists 13 associates in NY from W&L
Martindale lists 212 associates in NY from BU

Pmass322

• AOL Instant Messenger - Da10ispro322
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
ChangedMan, there are plenty of intramural sports at W&L.  Two-hand touch football and floor hockey are particularly competitive.  We all have a weekend softball tournament, the Deans Cup, that is pretty competitive.

As for the lack of W&L associates in NYC, it's true that not too many people from W&L go to NYC, but W&L alums are particularly loyal.  I'm sure if you e-mailed all 13 asking for help getting a job, at least 10 would bend over backwards to help you out.  Furthermore, from the current 2L class, at least 10 students will be summer associates at NYC BigLaw firms.  Since our class is only slightly over 110 students, that's about 10% of the class.  More got offers from NYC, and chose to go elsewhere (I chose to accept a position at a Long Island firm because I'm not really a city guy.)  Furthermore, there are a fair number of people who got offers from NYC firms who are not at the very top of the class or on Law Review.  In short, at least for my class, getting a summer position in NYC was not particularly difficult.

I think W&L's biggest selling point is that the vast majority of people who go to W&L have a great experience here. 
W&L Law Class of 2009

Here's how my admission cycle went:
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Pmass322