Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to wear?  (Read 8469 times)

ruskiegirl

Re: what to wear?
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2004, 09:41:25 PM »
I didn't get that email, Cal.  I just got the one with the registration/name tag info and the public trasportation one.  Hmmmm. I may have to rethink my outfits.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004, 09:05:09 AM »
schoomp, if just looking 'refreshed' or just even 'aware' (lol) is what you want? i think all you'll really need is just 6 dots of concealer under your eyes and you're ready to rock 'n roll! :) i'm sorry to hear you have to work the night before! :(

cal? you are one lucky dog that you could run home and change outfits. lol and i would definitely stick to your original plan. i still say go business casual or maybe even resort style dress (the polos, chinos, etc.) because that looks not so business, but still well put together and nice and can last you a whole day w/o you being uncomfy.

any thoughts on that?

aj ;D

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2004, 03:07:37 PM »
I think I am sticking with my original outfit, but I bought a light blue cardigan to make myself look a little casual.  If I look to casual, I'll just tuck in my shirt :)  If I look too formal, I'll untuck my shirt and put my hair down.  LOL  I'm going to a reception for Asian American admits at Boalt tomorrow night.  The suggested attire is "casual."  I'll report on what this "casual" means tomorrow. 

Ruskiegirl:  When are you flying out to Berkeley? 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »
My flight comes in to Oakland at around 9:30 Thursday night.  Can't wait!!!

Revenant

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2004, 02:32:20 PM »
schoomp, if just looking 'refreshed' or just even 'aware' (lol) is what you want? i think all you'll really need is just 6 dots of concealer under your eyes and you're ready to rock 'n roll! :) i'm sorry to hear you have to work the night before! :(

cal? you are one lucky dog that you could run home and change outfits. lol and i would definitely stick to your original plan. i still say go business casual or maybe even resort style dress (the polos, chinos, etc.) because that looks not so business, but still well put together and nice and can last you a whole day w/o you being uncomfy.

any thoughts on that?

aj ;D

Hear hear to the concealer.  If I remember correctly, it's yellow concealer for blue bags underneath your eyes and green concealer for red blemishes?  Don't ask why I know this (since I'm a guy)... =P

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2004, 03:34:11 AM »
I posted this on another thread, but I might as well put it in here too.  So I went to one of Boalt's reception tonight.  The invitation said that the recommended attire is casual.  Unless business casual is your definition of CASUAL, then that's what you should wear.  Only a few people wore jeans, and they stood out like a sore thumb.  Most people wore something nice (no suits though).  My suggestion is to wear nice slacks and a nice shirt. 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2004, 02:35:05 PM »
Oh No!!!!!  So the wear for Friday is business casual, but my beloved Avs made it into the playoffs and, guess what, they have a game Friday.  Wear or not to wear my avs jersey?  It is a school in Colorado, maybe they'd understand?