Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to wear?  (Read 8418 times)

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: what to wear?
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2004, 11:05:31 PM »
The two times I've visited schools, the students seem fairly dressy (i.e. business casual, which is dressy for me), even for class.  If I have to wear business casual for the student's day, business casual for class, and then real business after I graduate, I am going to be one very un-happy camper.  Next thing, I'll have to start wearing makeup everyday :-P

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2004, 12:13:28 AM »
  Next thing, I'll have to start wearing makeup everyday :-P

Personally, I don't wear make up everyday either just because I'm too lazy to get up early.  But I don't mind wearing business casual everyday as long as everyone else wears the same thing.  My biggest concern about the admitted student day is that I'd either be too dressed up or under dressed.  I guess being too dressed up is better than being under dressed. 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2004, 09:55:02 AM »
i totally agree cal. i think it's better to stand out looking very presentable that mix in w/the rest looking...well, not so presentable. lol schoomp, have you read cal's response to the Hasting's dean's question? she talked about what people wore to the student's day there. and man was impressed by some students, but also not surprised by others. lol so maybe that'll help? but as for the classroom situation? i'm all for jeans, jeans, jeans! lol

just thoughts. :)

aj

p.s. i'm not one for makeup usually either. ;)

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2004, 02:44:39 PM »
ajlynnette - i did read her post.  Business casual it is :)

However, unless I am just feeling super-productive, I think I am going to skip the makeup!

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2004, 03:15:23 PM »
I just received an email from Boalt stating that the required attire for their Admitted Student Day is casual.  Not business casual, but CASUAL.  Argh.  I was pretty excited to sorta dress up for this Friday.  Oh well.  I guess I'll just wear my blazer with jeans and a nice shirt.  So, casual, but not too casual.  *sigh* 

Schoomp:  Just do your eyes a little bit and maybe put some lip gloss on (and maybe some blush), that should be enough for make up for an all day event--if you are feeling super-productive! lol 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2004, 03:20:17 PM »
Biggest issue will be sleep - I have to work the night before and am probably going to be going to the admit's day on little sleep.   Darn, that means I might have to wear makeup so I don't look like I was out the whole night before  :P

1L2004

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2004, 03:53:19 PM »
Did anyone go the the Wednesday evening reception at Columbia a month ago?...if so, what was the typical attire?

andywp8

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.2, 165 LSAT, going to Loyola w/full ride
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2004, 06:02:50 PM »
i went to a cocktail hour for scholarship winners this past sunday.
the invitation said casual attire requested.

I wore nice shoes, jeans, and a nice sweater.  I felt like most of the people dressed nicer than me.  Slacks and dress shirts seemed to be te norm for dudes, there were a few suits.  Luckily there were several people in jeans as well so i didnt feel ridiculously out of place.

if your thing for Cal says casual dont be afarid to dress it up a notch, because im sure other people will too

jgruber

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2004, 06:07:17 PM »
Practice naked law!

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2004, 06:10:08 PM »
That's what I was thinking.  This is harder than I thought.  I live close to campus, so if all else fail, I'll just run home and change :)  Then everyone will remember me as the girl who changed clothes.  lol.

i went to a cocktail hour for scholarship winners this past sunday.
the invitation said casual attire requested.

I wore nice shoes, jeans, and a nice sweater.  I felt like most of the people dressed nicer than me.  Slacks and dress shirts seemed to be te norm for dudes, there were a few suits.  Luckily there were several people in jeans as well so i didnt feel ridiculously out of place.

if your thing for Cal says casual dont be afarid to dress it up a notch, because im sure other people will too