Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to wear?  (Read 8047 times)

Aonghus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: what to wear?
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 06:44:22 PM »
Hey, are these events BYOB?  Id hate to get there and see that all they have is bad tequila.

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2004, 07:19:07 PM »
I'd doubt it.  When I visited CU, I talked to some of the current students there - they said the FAC were one of the best perks.  Of course, the ones they talked about were put on by different "clubs" there trying to get new recruits.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2004, 07:39:19 PM »
that sounds good schoomp! :)  and good luck w/the 'club' situation. lol you're right, ya know. hope you have fun and that the weather's in your wardrobe's favor! ;D

aj ;D

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2004, 07:46:07 PM »
my biggeszt problem is that Boalt's website states to wear something "business casual" during the reception (which is apparently completely different from admitted student day), but says absolutely NOTHING about Admitted Student Day.  the website says that students will be touring Berkeley's campus during Admitted Student's Day.  I actually go to UC Berkeley right now and I know for a fact walking around campus in business casual attire is quite hellish.  Berkeley's campus is built on a hill.  Besides, I'll probably skip the campus tour since I've already been here for 4 years...I'm sure I dont need to tour it again. 

But thanks for all the suggestions!  Maybe I'll go there wearing something nice, but if i look too formal, I'll run back home and change. 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2004, 09:35:38 PM »
I guess I will have to get over my obsession with 3 inch heels when I come to Berkeley. :o

cal4ever

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2004, 11:06:27 PM »
I guess I will have to get over my obsession with 3 inch heels when I come to Berkeley. :o

yeah, you'll have to get over that quick! lol walking up bancroft ave. is a pain!  And Boalt just happens to be at the corner of bancroft and piedmont.  if you are planning to tour the campus (which I'm not), you should definitely not wear 3 inch heels. 
I am thanking my lucky stars that I got into Boalt Hall!  Three more years in Berkeley.

romancingthestone

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2004, 09:27:49 AM »
I can't imagine that wardrobe matters for just a regular admitted students day.  I mean, who are you even trying to impress?  It's not like there are potential employers or something. 

schoomp

• Sr. Citizen
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - schoomp
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2004, 10:46:26 AM »
Potential employers are not there - however potential professors are.  While they are not paying you with money, they do determine your grades for the next 3 years and that can definitely determine what potential employers think of you.  This is probably most important if you don't dress very business-casual most the time already...

GA_Kristi

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whittier Law School Class of 2007
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2004, 10:53:51 AM »
I agree, I think first impressions are extremely important.  You never know who you're going to meet while you're at an Admitted Students Day or how long they might remember you.  I've always been told that the rule is that you should dress for the position that you want.  Therefore, dress like a lawyer.  Now clearly you shouldn't wear a suit or anything to an Admitted Students Day, but dress like you mean business and that law school is something important to you.  Always put your best foot forward!
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious." - Vince Lombardi

bill bradsky

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2004, 11:04:34 AM »
I recently went to a new-student reception and was the only person not wearing a suit.