Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone else getting really tired of waiting?  (Read 2117 times)

need advice 123

• View Profile
Anyone else getting really tired of waiting?
« on: March 21, 2008, 02:58:03 PM »
I sent in all my apps in December and went complete at most places by early January.  I have one acceptance, one waitlist, one deferral, a few rejections, and I am still waiting to hear back from about 5 schools.  The last thing I heard was 2 weeks ago which was my defferal (it was nice to get a break from the rejections) but since then I havent heard anything.  I know whatever else happens i'll still be going to law school in the fall but all this waiting is driving me crazy.  I thought getting an acceptance early in my cycle would make things easier but I think it made it worse.  And to make matters worse most of the schools that I am waiting on are the schools that I really want to go to.  I really think I might go crazy soon...

gophils215

• Sr. Citizen
  • Just need one.
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else getting really tired of waiting?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 03:25:27 PM »
It could be worse.  You could have no acceptances.  I would just really like to know what I'm going to be doing come fall (back in school or still working).  That's what is so exhausting I think.
Homerun:
Strikeout: BC, ASU, Hastings, UVA, Davis, W&M
3-2 Count: USF, Chapman
Batters' Box: Everywhere Else

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 03:49:10 PM »
The waiting is so much more tolerable now that I have one acceptance that I'm pumped about. Which is good because I'm still waiting on 14 more decisions....

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 04:11:52 PM »
I'm just waiting for Stanford (most likely a ding) and Columbia. I went complete at both in November. I wish they'd hurry up. I have to accept/decline awards at 2 other schools by mid-April.

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 10:47:51 PM »
Oh my lord, am I ever tired of waiting. I applied in Oct- freakin'-tober to 6 schools and have heard nothing from any of them. I have one acceptance (Miami). I didn't apply anywhere I wouldn't go, so I am fine with that.

But being in review at Tulane since January, and the silence from everyone else, is just killing me. I want this to be over so I start focusing again. Every day that I come home and there is nothing in the mail, and no email, just disappoints me a little all over again. Sorry to get so emo about it, but I have been drowning my sorrows in delicious German wine with friends.

AppleDuck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »
I have 4 acceptances, 5 rejections and 1 deferral. 

Today is March 21st and I am still waiting on 6 other schools, 5 of which I would take over the ones I've already been accepted to.  I've been hawking the mailbox every morning and it is getting to the point where I am starting to lose my mind.  I just want to know where I am going next semester.

Pacific McGeorge '11

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 12:51:33 AM »
I hate waiting.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

F. Mercury

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 12:44:33 PM »
like...

I AM F_CKING TIRED OF WAITING?

Amistad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 04:13:58 PM »
Have you tried emailing? I emailed my top school (admissions counselor I met with during my visit) and I basically told them I had a April 1 deposit deadline and I really wanted to hear from them because they were my numero uno.  The next day the dean called.  So from now on I'm a firm believer in poking and prodding the admissions office (in a nice way)
3.64/166

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 04:19:08 PM »
Have you tried emailing? I emailed my top school (admissions counselor I met with during my visit) and I basically told them I had a April 1 deposit deadline and I really wanted to hear from them because they were my numero uno.  The next day the dean called.  So from now on I'm a firm believer in poking and prodding the admissions office (in a nice way)

are your numbers competitive at the school?
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011